bh Cosmetics Supernova Palette Review & Swatches

 I've been on a bit of a bh Cosmetics kick lately but what can I say...I love this brand! They are always coming up with amazing, on-trend products that are super affordable and I really wish that more drugstore brands would follow their lead!

I picked up the brand new Supernova Baked Eyeshadow Palette ($12) last week and have been using it for the past several days. This is the sister palette to the Galaxy Chic baked palette, which many of you have told me you have and love. I feel like the shades in the Supernova are a little bit deeper overall and it offers more of a jewel-toned vibe, while the Galaxy Chic has some lighter, brighter shades some of which are marbled.

Let's take a closer look!


The Supernova Palette comes in a cardboard case with a magnetic closure. Inside there's a mirror and 18 baked shimmer eyeshadows...sorry matte eyeshadow lovers! The shade range is beautiful...it's very warm-toned overall and offers everything from white, yellow and green to gray, bronze, and burgundy.

The pan sizes are larger than I was expecting (each slightly larger than a quarter) and are easy enough to get a brush or your finger in, whatever method you prefer.

All of the shades are celestial-themed, and many of the Zodiac signs are represented, though not all of them.

Often, baked eyeshadows are on the drier side and difficult to pick up, but these are a bit softer and pick up very easily on a brush or your fingers. They can also be used wet or dry.

My swatches are dry but I layered them over primer because baked formulas don't always stick to the skin as well as creamier ones do. I ended up with a gorgeous, vibrant result and great pigmentation! Without primer, they are still pretty pigmented but the colors aren't quite as deep as they appear in the pan. 
On a side note, I'm sorry about the bumpy texture of my skin in the swatch photos...it was freezing in my house that day and I had goose bumps on my arm that wouldn't go away. 

The top row features gold, bronzes, and greens. 

Top Row
The middle row features white, silver, rosy taupe, icy blue and grays.
Middle Row
The bottom row is my favorite, and features rosy pink, warm bronze, burgundy, violet, and black.
Bottom Row
Here I applied a few shades to my eyes so you can see how it goes on. I'm not wearing eyeshadow primer, but I do have concealer on my eyelids as a base. Using my finger, I applied Celestial in my crease, Neutron all over my lid, and then a layered a little bit of Stella in the center. It lasted a good 8 hours before fading, and even now, 12 hours later, I can still see color on my eyes, it's just not as vibrant. 

Overall, I'm really happy with the bh Cosmetics Supernova Palette! The shades are gorgeous and long-lasting, plus it goes on and blends really nicely. If you're a fan of shimmery eyeshadows, I highly recommend this one at only $12!

Grab yours now at bhCosmetics.com
Please follow my new blog www.beauddiction.com

5 comments

  1. That last set of swatches is sooooooooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, I have galaxy chic so i should pick up her sister too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely adding this to my wants list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally forgot to add this to my first comment but I finally got the modern neutrals palette and WOW. I was stunned by how smooth and pigmented they are! I swatched them all while sitting outside and was 'ooohing' and 'aaaahing' the entire time lol. There are so many perfect transition and crease shades!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig