No. 7 Walgreens Haul

Last week, I noticed that my local Walgreens had set up a large No. 7 display right next to the Soap & Glory products. I've tried No. 7 skincare in the past, but wasn't all that familiar with their makeup, so I picked up a few things to try. So today, I wanted to share my initial thoughts with you and do a quick haul post.

Let's take a look!



The first products that caught my eye are from the Airbrush Away line (there are primers and also a foundation- more on that later!). I picked up the original Airbrush Away Primer ($19.99), but there are two more versions of it...a Pore Minimizing formula and a Radiance Boosting one (that comes out pink...and yes they have testers of everything, yay!).

It looks like a lightweight lotion and sinks into my dry skin pretty quickly. It has a pretty strong perfumey scent but I can't smell it anymore after I've applied it to my face. It didn't seem to minimize my pores too much...maybe a little bit? But I guess that's what the Pore Minimizing one is for! The main thing I noticed about this primer was how soft and smooth it makes my skin feel...like, baby soft.  It does contain Hyaluronic filling spheres, so it adds a dose of moisture to my dry skin and makes it feel a little bit plumper. Also, makeup sits very nicely on top of it so I'm really liking this one so far!
The Airbrush Away Foundation ($17.99) is one of the most beautiful formulas I've ever tried...and I've tried a lot of foundations. It's very thin, sort of like a serum foundation but it's not greasy and dewy like a lot of them tend to be. It feels like silk as you blend it and it disappears into your skin quickly. As I apply it, I can see it just sort of erasing flaws and evening out my skintone. It has a soft, natural satin finish that looks just like skin, and it doesn't look like I'm wearing any makeup, which is amazing. It also doesn't sink into lines or pores and it doesn't cling to dry patches...it's really invisible once you put it on.
The only downsides I've come across so far are the packaging (glass bottle with a dropper and there doesn't seem to be much product inside) and the coverage is a bit on the sheer-to-medium side. You can definitely build it up but I find that it doesn't cover everything and I still need to conceal. Not a big deal, but just wanted to mention it.
The shade range is also pretty good...there are twelve shades in both warm and cool tones. The one I swatched below is called Cool Vanilla. I love that it's not too pink like a lot of cooler toned foundations tend to be!
No. 7 Airbrush Away Foundation in Cool Vanilla
Next, I picked up the Shimmer Palettes in Rose and Caramel ($14.99). These are gorgeous! They're very pigmented and are the kind of highlighters that really make your cheekbones pop...they're really noticeable. The Rose shade creates a beautiful rose gold highlight, while Caramel is a pretty soft golden color. Unfortunately, they are a bit on the darker side for me to highlight with since I'm so fair, but I've been using them as blush toppers (the caramel looks amazing over a nude blush).
Also, the packaging is so pretty! I love the rose gold compacts and they come with a pretty large mirror inside as well.
When swatched, you can see what I mean about them being too dark for my fair skin...I can almost use the Rose shade as a blush by itself! But on medium to deep skintones, these will be the prettiest highlighters and the formula is just as good as higher-end versions, in my opinion.

Finally, I picked up the Dramatic Lift Mascara ($9.99). It's supposed to be inspired by haircare and contains flexible polymers and keratin to boost lashes and lift lashes by 70%. So far, I have only used this once but it didn't completely wow me. It did a decent job of giving me length and volume but I didn't notice any "lifting" going on. To be fair, I'm going to give this more time before I say it's not worth the money, especially since it seems to have good reviews on other websites. My lashes seem to be at their shortest point in the growth cycle right now and when that happens, I'm not usually happy with any mascara because they seem to look short and stumpy no matter what I do.
I will definitely do a full review on this in a few weeks if I end up really liking it!
Overall, I'm really happy with the No.7 products I've tried so far! I definitely want to go back to Walgreens and try some more, especially now that Walgreens has the new Beauty Enthusiast Club where you get $5 back for every $50 you spend on beauty products (read more about it here).

You can also find these products at Ulta and Target if you're interested in trying any of them!

Have you tried any No. 7 products? What are your favorites?

Please follow my new blog www.beauddiction.com

14 comments

  1. Tati on YouTube has raved about the Airbrush Away foundation in two of her recent videos so I already wanted to try it. Your post just pushed me over the edge. I'm going to get it after work today. Great post, I love seeing hauls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, haha! I saw Tati mention it the day after I bought it, but before that I hadn't really heard anyone talking about it. I hope you like it! :)

      Delete
  2. How did the Airbrush foundation work for you? Would you say it was more on a dewy or drying side? I looove sheer to medium coverage, but I don't have time for frequent touch ups. So I want my face makeup to be on a "drying " side. Thank you.
    Marina D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually not dewy OR drying, which is strange because usually I find foundations to be one or the other. It doesn't leave my skin shiny and I can't feel it on my skin, but at the same time, it doesn't feel dry. It feels like you never put anything on...it's definitely a different experience for me! That being said, I'm still testing out different setting products to keep it in place longer because it does seem to wear off around my nose area after a few hours.

      Delete
  3. The highlighters are SO pretty, need to check out the rose gold (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is my favorite...so gorgeous! :)

      Delete
  4. I work at Walgreens in the beauty department and I bought the Airbrush Away foundation as soon as it came it. I love it so much! You hit the nail on the head when you said it doesn't look like you're wearing anything. It just becomes one with your skin, i have never seen anything like it! The highlighters are next on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! So glad you love the Airbrush foundation too. But on the downside, did you (or any of your customers) find that your bottle didn't seem to have a lot of product in it? Also, the dropper on my bottle doesn't work that well...it only sucks up a drop at a time.

      Delete
  5. The primer sounds nice. Too bad it doesn't really blur pores all that much though. But I'll settle for plumpness and softness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, these days I need a lot of pore smoothing so I was a little disappointed...it did blur them somewhat but didn't make them disappear. Maybe the Pore Smoothing version does a better job with that...I need to pick that one up next. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I agree...I LOVE their packaging. It looks really high end for the drugstore. :)

      Delete
  7. These looks gorg! Esp. primer and highlighter sounds SO good!! Do you think this Shimmer Palette in Caramel would be good for light Mac NC20 skin :)? So many highlighters are so dark today..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not meant for ultra-fair skin, but it's not super dark when it's blended out if you're light-to-medium. It gives a really gorgeous glow!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig