NEW L'oreal Colour Riche Pocket Palettes Spotted in Stores + Swatches

The new L'oreal Summer 2016 releases are slowly making their way into stores and I was really surprised to see the new Les Quads by Colour Riche Pocket Palettes on the L'oreal website last night...I had no idea these were coming out. I keep seeing sneak peeks on L'oreal's snapchat of the new Sexy Balms and La Palette Glam, but I haven't heard anything about these until now. 

Here's the description from the L'oreal website

Create your color obsession with L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche® Pocket Palette, our first multi-color, multi-finish eyeshadow quad. Create sophisticated looks and make your color statement with specially curated shade families and finishes that range from shimmery to matte. Blends smoothly for easy application.

Thanks to two awesome readers, I now have confirmation that these are starting to show up in stores! First, Krista  (@mymonthlyobsessions on Instagram) shared this photo with me this morning of the display at her local Walmart. They're $8.97 each and she bought #106 Boudoir Charme and #114 Violet Amour. She also sent me some swatches of each palette taken in different lighting so you can really get a feel for what they're like! 

Here's a close-up of the Boudoir Charme quad. This one has four shimmer shades in it but most of them appear to have at least one matte shade, and more often, two matte shades.
Photo: @mymonthlyobsessions for The Budget Beauty Blog
Krista said that the pigmentation is good with these...in these photos, she swatched each shade twice...the first swatch is one swipe and the second swatch is built up a little bit more. Even one swipe looks really nice, right?!
Photo: @mymonthlyobsessions for The Budget Beauty Blog
Swatches in direct sunlight:
Photo: @mymonthlyobsessions for The Budget Beauty Blog

Photo: @mymonthlyobsessions for The Budget Beauty Blog
She wasn't as impressed with Violet Amour...she said it was super dry feeling and really chunky. You can definitely see a difference with these swatches compared to the first palette above, so it appears that these can be hit or miss depending on the palette.
Photo: @mymonthlyobsessions for The Budget Beauty Blog
Photo: @mymonthlyobsessions for The Budget Beauty Blog
Photo: @mymonthlyobsessions for The Budget Beauty Blog

Photo: @mymonthlyobsessions for The Budget Beauty Blog

Next, @makeupismyjam on Instagram shared this photo with me of the display at Walgreens. They're $9.99 each and I heard from other readers that they've been spotting the new L'oreal lip palettes and the new Pro Glow foundation at Walgreens also, so be sure to keep your eyes out for those! The Pro Glow foundation has been next to impossible to get online so it'll be great to be able to get it in store for everyone who missed out.

What do you think of the new L'oreal Pocket Palettes? Have you seen these or the rest of the new L'oreal collection in stores yet? 

Thanks again to Krista of @mymonthlyobsessions and @makeupismyjam for the awesome photos!

 Subscribe to The Budget Beauty Blog by Email

8 comments

  1. Thanks for the swatches! I saw these at Walgreens but held off. The neutrals definitely look good, the purples a mixed bag. But I've like their new single shadows -got Green Promenade and Meet Me in Paris (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I guess that happens a lot with eye shadows. Certain colors tend to perform better than others and in my experience purples are some of the most difficult.

      Delete
  2. THIS is why you're my favorite beauty blog (well, one of many reason why)!! I just saw someone post these on IG yesterday and woke up this morning to check your blog like I always do and you have swatches already!! You're always right on it, girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Leigh-Ann thank you!!! Your comment just made my day! I can't take all the credit though, my pals on IG, especially Krista did a lot of the work. :)

      Delete
  3. I have spotted all of these at Walgreens and was waiting for your review. I was very disappointed with the single eye shadow releases and wondered if these were the same just now in a quad. Thank you for the violet swatches because that's always the first color that grabs my attention and would have been my first purchase. I am anxiously awaiting you review and a good sale maybe 40% off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Adrienne! So far everyone is telling me these are the single shadow (Mono) formula so if you didn't like those you probably won't like these either. :(

      Delete
  4. The colors look similar to the other quads from Loreal. I can't remember the names, but the shadows were in squigly swoops rather than squares. I have a couple of those and they are not impressive at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about those other ones! I've never been a fan of Loreal eyeshadows. These are supposedly reformulated so hopefully they're a lot better overall.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig