L'oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation Review & Swatches

loreal infallible pro-glow foundation
L'oreal Infallible Pro-Glow ($12.99) is a brand new, radiant finish foundation formulated for normal to dry skin types and it's safe to say the response to it has been pretty incredible. It launched a few weeks ago at Walmart and Amazon.com and all the shades sold out very quickly. Ulta launched five shades that are still available at the time of this post, and all 12 shades are available on the L'oreal website. I've also heard from readers that have spotted this at their local Walgreens stores, so you may want to hold off ordering if the stores near you are good about putting new products out...you may just find it in person faster than the time it'll take to ship to you.

Packaging: 

Pro-Glow comes in a squeeze tube exactly like the Infallible Pro-Matte except this one has a glossy finish and teal accents. It holds 1 oz. of product which doesn't seem like a lot but a little bit goes a long way with this formula so it'll likely last you a while. One little pet peeve I have is with the print on the front of the tube...does it bother anyone else that the words "Pro-Glow" are crooked? I know they meant it to be that way but it's not crooked enough to look intentional...it looks like it was a printing mistake the way it's just slightly off, haha.
loreal pro glow foundation review
Claims: 

Discover the new pro finish of longwear: up to 24 hour wear with a hydrating glow. Lightweight and creamy, this long lasting foundation goes on smooth with a glow finish that lasts. With medium coverage, it instantly hides imperfections for a clear complexion. The hydrating foundation with SPF is ideal for normal to dry skin.

Formula: 

The formula is pretty runny and you can hear it sloshing around in the tube when you shake it. It was so lightweight that I didn't expect it to cover much, but it actually has great coverage! L'oreal claims medium coverage and I'd say that's right on the money...it's also buildable so you can get a little bit more if you layer it. I have dry skin (more normal in the summer), which is exactly the type this is meant for and it goes on really smooth and doesn't cake or settle into lines and pores. It also doesn't cling to any dry patches or accentuate flakes. 
loreal pro glow review

I picked up the shade 204 Natural Buff, which is just a little too dark for my skin tone but it was the only available shade on Amazon at the time so I figured I would grab it so that I could at least test the formula.
loreal pro glow swatches

It goes on very creamy and blends like a dream but unlike a lot of formulas meant for drier skin types, it dries down very quickly! You can see in this photo below that it started drying around the edges before I even had a chance to take the picture. It doesn't leave you feeling dewy or have an emollient finish...it almost has a powdery finish, which is weird for a normal-to-dry skin product and yet somehow it works!
loreal pro-glow foundation swatches

As I stated above, it doesn't feel drying on the skin and stays comfortable all day. I don't know about the 24-hour claim because I would never wear a foundation for 24 hours, but it did last 8 hours on me until I took my makeup off and it still looked great so I imagine it would last well beyond the 8 hour mark.

Here's what it looks like blended out. As for the "Glow" aspect, it's not a shimmer-bomb like I was expecting...it has a slightly glowy, satiny finish with no obvious glitter or shimmer, even in sunlight. Whatever shimmer is in the formula is very finely milled so you don't have to worry about looking like a disco ball with this one. The result is just luminous skin that looks lit-from-within, so if you were looking for more of an obvious glow, you may be disappointed with this one, since the effect is very subtle and natural.
loreal pro-glow makeup swatches

Here I am wearing it the other day...I blended it down my neck so everything would match but you can see that my arm is a little bit lighter than my face (note to self...get a lighter shade!). But I really love the coverage, the lightweight feel, and the lasting power of this one. Since I have dry skin most of the year, I tend to like emollient-feeling products, but not so much in the summertime when it's humid and my skin is more on the normal side than dry. That's why this foundation is so amazing...it feels so creamy and hydrating going on but dries down completely so I don't feel like it's going to melt off in 90 degree weather.
loreal pro-glow foundation face

Overall, I highly recommend this one! Grab yours now at Ulta (if one of the five shades works for you) or at L'oreal's website.

Subscribe to The Budget Beauty Blog by Email

20 comments

  1. I was able to pick mine up at Walmart this morning. I had been checking the past couple weeks but it was finally in the store today and they had ALL of the shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's awesome, thanks for letting us know! I had only heard it was at Walgreens so it's nice to have another place to check. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your reviews. Thanks for getting this up so quickly and for all the swatch pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lindsay! You're very welcome. :)

      Delete
  3. So happy to hear you liked it! snagged mine from walmart online Sunday when they came back in stock for 5 seconds. Its supposed to be waiting on my doorstep for me today when I get home! This is the same color I got, eek,..I hope it's not to dark for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't ordering foundation online the worst?? It's bad enough standing in the drugstore and looking at the bottles but store swatches are almost never accurate. :)

      Delete
  4. I have very dry flaky skin, but hate feeling and looking super dewy or luminous, as a lot of dry skin formulas tend to do. So I am super excited to try this one out! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Same here...this one is very subtle and dries down nicely. :)

      Delete
  5. This foundation sounds so good! I can't wait to try it!


    JennyLovesBeauty♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quickly becoming a favorite of mine!

      Delete
  6. One question, how would you say it compares to the L'Oreal Lumi foundation, and the L'Oreal Lumi Cushion foundation in both look and feel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question! They all seem to have the same satiny finish with no obvious sparkle, just more of a subtle luminosity. The Lumi foundation feels a bit more emollient and doesn't dry down as quickly as this one. The Cushion one feels a little bit thicker and almost like a cream in comparison and feels like it doesn't really dry down/a bit sticky.

      Delete
    2. I have both of those, so that really helps. Thank you! Now I'm more excited than ever to try this one! I'm on a low buy/no buy right now, but I'm going to make an exception here. It sounds perfect for what I'm wanting, but can't seem to find. I'm definitely going to have to pick it up!

      Delete
  7. I saw these at Target a couple nights ago, they were just thrown in with the pro-matte. I have oily/combination skin but I'm interested in trying this foundation. Must be the newness of it.. too bad they skipped my shade. The darkest one is too dark and the next one is too light :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you try mixing the two colors to get a good match for your skin? It may be worth a try if you like the formula.

      Delete
    2. Hi Jana, yea that's a good idea but I don't want to buy two to try out. Anyway, I'm really happy with the pro-matte and they actually have my shade so I guess I'm just gonna skip this one and save some money :)

      Delete
  8. just received it in my order from ulta but have yet to try it... it looks gorgeous on you! :) -abby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought the lightest shade 201 and it's still to dark lol. I can maybe make it work but it's not my shade. I think this foundation line was meant for people with tan skin that leans orange.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review!!! At first it does not look interesting but after you have showed it...its just WOW! Great formulation and coverage. A must try indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this foundation!! The color turned out to be just right once it settled😀 The finish is beautiful and it doesn't look cakey!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig