Circa Beauty Lustrous Shine Lip Polish Review & Swatches

I recently discovered Eva Mendes' Circa Beauty line at Walgreens. It's been out for over a year now but it took me a while to try the products because of the slightly higher price point. I finally took the plunge and loved everything I purchased (see that post here), including the Lustrous Shine Lip Polish ($10) . Walgreens was having a BOGO 50% on them a few weeks ago, so I went back and picked up a few more shades to try.

Keep on reading for my review and swatches!

Packaging:

The packaging is very luxurious, especially for the price. The square tubes remind me of the Jouer lip glosses (which are $18) and they feel very sturdy and have a little bit of heft to them. You can also see the lip gloss right through the tube, which is a personal preference of mine...I can easily see which shade I'm grabbing and also when it's running out.  
The wand has a doe-foot applicator that's slightly longer than average, making it easy to cover your lips in one swipe.

Formula:

The formula is beautiful and rivals any high-end lip gloss I've tried so far. It's not a thin, runny gloss that bleeds all over the place...it's thick, rich and cushiony and feels super hydrating (it contains Avocado Oil). It almost feels like it has a primer inside that fills in my lip lines and makes them look so smooth and perfect. Even though it's a thicker formula, it doesn't feel sticky or tacky when you press your lips together. It feels creamy and smooth, and the beautiful shine makes my lips look full and pillowy.

The coverage is sheer to medium...definitely not full coverage, but it's buildable. It doesn't last a long time on your lips either (an hour or two depending on if you're eating or drinking) but that's the case with most lip glosses so I can't really complain too much about that.



Lovely Lace is a beautiful nude shade that has a bit of peachy pink in it so it gives just enough color that it doesn't wash me out too badly or give me zombie lips.

Satin Blush is the first shade I bought and it's a gorgeous pink shade that I reach for often.

Electric Organza is a bright, cool-toned pink that's really pretty if I want a brighter pop of color without being too bright.

Cashmere Kiss is probably my favorite shade! It's a gorgeous pinky mauve that goes with everything.

Top: Lovely Lace, Satin Blush
Bottom: Electric Organza, Cashmere Kiss

Overall, if you're a lip gloss fan, I highly recommend the Circa Lustrous Shine Lip Polish! You can grab them at select Walgreens stores or online at Drugstore.com

 Subscribe to The Budget Beauty Blog by Email

11 comments

  1. Every single one looks beautiful on you! I need to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I agree, I hope to try the rest of the shades soon. So far I love them all :)

      Delete
  3. Girl you look gorgeous! I think I need Cashmere Kiss in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Veronica! That's my favorite shade. :)

      Delete
  4. I bought the satin blush shade after your first impression post and I LOVE it! I have dry lips and everything settles in the cracks but not this. It feels so buttery and luxurious. I'm so happy to see swatches of more colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right...it just glides over everything and seems to fill in imperfections. It's just amazing, especially for $10.

      Delete
  5. I love the lighter hair on you! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madison! I've been slowly transitioning to blonde for a while now to try to minimize the damage. I like to switch it up every few years. :)

      Delete
  6. Cashmere Kiss looks great for summer! (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig