Kiko Lovegrove Collection Haul

I've been lusting after the Kiko Milano Lovegrove limited edition summer collection since the Spring when I saw sneak peeks on social media. The rose gold packaging is designed by Ross Lovegrove (an industrial designer from Wales) and it's some of the most beautiful makeup packaging ever...especially at an affordable price! Everything looks really high-end and I love the beautiful texture that the embossed pattern gives the products. I happen to have a Kiko store at my local mall so I picked up a few products to try and have been using them for a while now, so I thought I'd do some mini reviews on each one.
Let's take a look!

Desert Dunes Trio Baked Blush in Lust Coral
$18 at KikoCosmetics.com
Kiko's baked blushes are made in Italy and this one is infused with a beautiful scent that almost smells like Too Faced's chocolate products...it's supposed to be vanilla but it smells a bit like chocolate to me...with maybe a little vanilla in there. It's not strong or overpowering and you don't notice it once the product is on your face. It just smells so delicious in the pan!

Let's just take a second to admire this rose gold compact...just stunning!
Inside, there's a mirror and the baked blush, which has three different tones. I should also mention that these come in three different options...Lust Coral (which is the one I have), Gypsy Pink, and Impulsive Mauve.
The blush is generously sized which means you can use this many different ways. You can use each shade individually, or mix just the lighter two shades, just the darker two shades, or swirl them all together. The texture is fantastic...it picks up easily and feels so smooth and silky, which is one of the reasons I love baked blushes (think Milani and Laura Geller). This one doesn't have a lot of shimmer, which I like. I have a lot of shimmery baked blushes, so it's nice to have an option that's a little more satiny (it's not completely matte).

Mirage Lip Stylo in Fired Earth Pink
$15 at KikoCosmetics.com

The packaging of this lipstick looks so beautiful and high-end, I actually love pulling it out of my purse and hearing people say, "oh my gosh, what brand is that??" When I tell them, they can't believe it's not more expensive. It has a unique design that's tapered in the middle, almost like an hourglass and it has a really strong magnetic closure. When I go to replace the cap, the magnet just sucks it together by the time I get the cap halfway down the tube.

This lipstick claims to have the coverage of a lipstick, the shine of a gloss, and the comfort and feel of a balm. I would agree with two out of three...it does have amazing coverage and feels super hydrating just like a balm, but while it gives a little bit of shine, it's not as much as a lip gloss would give in my opinion.

Wear time isn't terrible, but because of the melty texture it does wear off in a couple of hours. That being said, it doesn't claim to be long-wearing, so I didn't expect it to be. It actually does stain my lips just a little bit so the stain lasts for a while after the lipstick has worn off.

It doesn't seem to have any scent whatsoever and comes in 15 shades.

Heatwave Lip Oil 
$14 at KikoCosmetics.com
Lip oils are huge right now and I couldn't resist trying this one because it comes in delicious flavors like Coconut, Vanilla, and Grapefruit. Normally I'm all about coconut, but when I got to the store, I actually liked the vanilla-scented one a little bit better. This formula is enriched with jojoba oil, shea butter, wild mango butter, and vitamin E. It feels nice going on, but my dry lips just suck it right in and my lips feel dry again a little while later...kind of like how the Milani ones were. I want to love lip oils but so far they don't seem to keep my lips feeling as moisturized as a balm or even a gloss because they disappear so quickly and I find myself constantly reapplying. For me this one was a miss, although I did love the scent and the packaging.

In the swatches below, you can see that the lip oil goes on clear even though it looks pink in the tube. The Mirage Lip Stylo in Fired Earth Pink is a beautiful pinky-peach nude color...sort of a MLBB shade. The bottom swatch is the blush in the shade Lust Coral, which is a gorgeous peachy nude with all three shades swirled together. You can see how it has more of a satiny finish than a shimmer or matte finish.

Final Thoughts: 

Overall, I give the Kiko Lovegrove collection two thumbs up for packaging...very well done! I also love the products I got with the exception of the lip oil...and honestly it's not necessarily this lip oil that's the problem, I'm just not a fan of them in general. But that doesn't stop me from trying them...maybe one day I'll find one I really like!

You can see the entire Kiko Lovegrove collection at KikoCosmetics.com

 Subscribe to The Budget Beauty Blog by Email

11 comments

  1. Gorgeous collection! I need to get down to Kikos and check it out. I agree with you about the lip oils. I even tried Lancome Juicy Shakers because everybody seemed to really love them but I wasn't a fan. I think they were hyped waaaay too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree about the Juicy Shakers! I got two shades and I thought they were more sheer than some of the swatches I was seeing online and not long lasting at all. But as far as lip oils go, they felt more moisturizing than others. So I didn't think they were terrible but also not worth all the crazy hype, in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. I STILL haven't tried Kilo yet but this looks like a great place to start! They sell online right? I don't think there's a store near me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sell online; make sure you sign up to get their emails because they do have sales and specials. Enjoy :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Nikole, that's a great tip! :)

      Delete
  3. This blush is the best! I got it last month during a Kiko sale online and its so pretty and smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blush looks amazing, I've never tried anything from Kiko before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great brand...the prices are decent (not drugstore but not too much more than that) and the quality of most items is similar to higher-end products. :) If you get a chance to try some products, the special collections like this one are the best! I usually like everything a little bit better than their core collection products. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, love the gorgeous packaging,and the colors look so wearable (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! I'm really happy with the colors I got. :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig