The Balm Meet Matt(e) Trimony | Review & Swatches

the balm meet matt(e) trimony palette review
First you Met Matt(e), then you Met Matt(e) Nude, now it’s time to Meet Matt(e) Trimony—the special occasion palette. Featuring nine versatile shades, these matt(e)s are ‘suit’able for any occasion. With a velvety smooth texture, triple-milled formula and true-to-pan payoff, your look will live on happily ever after. Always easy on the eyes, Meet Matt(e) Trimony transitions from business casual to black tie in no time.

Price: $42

Where to Buy: Kohls.com, Kohls Stores, The Balm.com


Keep reading for my review and swatches! 
the balm meet matt(e) trimony palette review
Review:

I recently reviewed The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude and was so impressed by it, I knew I needed to buy the newest palette in the series, Meet Matt(e) Trimony. At $42, it's not an inexpensive purchase (even though it's well worth it) so I was waiting until I had some Kohl's Cash/Yes2You rewards to put toward it. I finally got my hands on it a few weeks ago and let me tell you, I'm so happy I did!

As I get older, matte eyeshadows are totally my jam because they tend to look smoother on my eyelids and don't draw attention to any uneven texture. I have several matte palettes now but none of them compare to The Balm's formula. It's triple milled, feels like velvet and goes on so smooth, not to mention the pigmentation is just incredible, even without primer.

You also get a great value for your money because the pans are huge and last a ridiculously long time. The packaging is adorable too! Like the last Meet Matt(e) version, this comes in a cardboard palette with a magnetic closure and a huge mirror. It also has an outer sleeve that matches the design of the palette, making it easy to identify in a drawer and really secure for travel.
the balm meet matt(e) trimony review
The shades in this palette seem to be everything Meet Matt(e) Nude was missing. Although I love Meet Matt(e) Nude, I could never use it alone for a complete eye look. It has a bright white shade but no beige-y highlight for all over the lid, and this one does. Matt(e) Nude didn't have a black shade either, while Matt(e) Trimony does. I find that I can use this palette by itself, while Matt(e) Nude ends up being a palette that I go to for one or two shades at a time.

the balm meet matt(e) trimony palette
They both have a pretty even mix of warm and cool shades, but Matt(e) Nude leans slightly cooler, while Matt(e) Trimony leans slightly warmer by one or two shades. Overall, this palette is very wearable with mostly nude shades and a few bolder colors thrown in. After using this for a while, I've discovered that even the beautiful cranberry shade in the center, Matt Kumar, is more wearable than I thought it would be, and I find myself reaching for it pretty often.
the balm meet matt(e) trimony eyeshadow

I swatched this palette with no primer in this photo, so you can see that they're crazy-pigmented and you don't need a primer to make these show up. However, because they're not a creamy, buttery formula (they're a little more dry/powdery), I recommend using a primer for all-day wear. They have decent lasting power, especially the darker shades, but I get a better wear time when I use a primer underneath. 

the balm meet matt(e) trimony swatches

Overall, if you're a matte eyeshadow fan, this is a must-buy! Not only is the formula spectacular, the shade selection is really versatile and will work well for just about everybody. 

I also wanted to get this review up today because tomorrow, The Balm is having their 50% off flash sale, which means you can pick this up for $21! It's for 4 hours only...10am-2pm PST. 

Subscribe to The Budget Beauty Blog by Email

14 comments

  1. I've been wanting this one. I want to try to snag it on The Balm website's flash sale tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review & great swatches. Looks like a "must have" palette for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! :) I've been using mine a lot since I got it and its definitely earned a place in my top favorite palettes!

      Delete
  3. Saw this yesterday. Soooooo lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a beautiful palette! :)

      Delete
  4. Picked this up on your say so! ;) plus I got one of the shadow sticks to try out. At 50% off I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's great! You'll have to let me know what you think! ;)

      Delete
  5. This palette is so beautiful. Thank you for mentioning that it has what the other two palettes were missing as it really means that I should probably buy all three of them haha!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These shadows look right up my street. Always love the quality of the balms matte palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need this! I have & love the other matte palette, and this will fill in any gaps as you mentioned!

    Question, though: my Kohl's cash states that it can't be used on prestige cosmetics ... Am I missing a trick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...unless that's something new because it always used to work. I thought the only thing you couldn't use on it is coupons, but maybe they changed the rules.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig