Recent Colourpop Haul

colourpop haul

There's something about summer that makes me gravitate toward easy, carefree beauty. When it's warm outside, who wants to stay in and spend time on their makeup? Not me!  That means long-lasting formulas that I can pop onto my eyes or cheeks quickly and go, which makes me think of Colourpop. It's been a long time since my last order, so I figured I'd pick up some new shades for Spring!

I think I like Colourpop's blushes the best out of anything in their line. They're so soft, easy to blend with just a finger, and last all day long on me. They're also only $8 a piece! I also picked up a highlighter while I was at it because I only have two of them so far and I've been wanting to try more.
colourpop blush and highlighter
Super Shock Cheeks in Fox, Highly Waisted, and Birthday Suit
The two blush shades I ordered were Fox (mid-tone warm coral with a satin finish) and Birthday Suit (neutral pink with a satin finish).  When I first saw Fox in person, I was afraid it would be too dark for me, but thankfully, it goes on sheer and you can build it to your liking. It's such a pretty warm color! Birthday Suit reminds me of a pinker version of Between the Sheets which is the first blush I ever ordered from Colourpop and remains one of my favorites to date. Between the Sheets is a little more nude-pink and I love it in the fall and winter with a smokier eye, but that being said, I'm loving Birthday Suit as a great alternative for Spring!

Highly Waisted is a soft golden peach with pink and gold duo chrome finishes. In person it was a little darker than it appeared in the swatches on their website, but I'm hoping it's still light enough for me to use as a highlighter. I think it'll be okay once I get a little more color in the summertime.
colourpop cheek swatches
Left to Right: Fox, Highly Waisted, Birthday Suit
I also picked up four matte & satin eyeshadows. I have a lot of Colourpop's shimmery shades, but for everyday I prefer more subtle finishes in neutral shades. At only $5 a piece, they're a steal, especially since they last so long and don't crease at all!

colourpop eyeshadows
Left to Right: Cop a Feel, Wattles, Mixed Tape, Vanity Fair

Cop a Feel is a cool-toned creamy beige with a matte finish and is the perfect all over lid color for my skintone. It evens things out and creates a great base! Wattles is a dusky beige pink in a satin finish and is a unique shade for my collection.  It looks warm in my swatch picture below, but it really comes out how it looks in the jar, above. It's a cooler, grayish pink shade that's a perfect lid/transition color. Mixed Tape is a mid-tone cool gray in a pearlized finish and is also a really "different" shade for me. It's more Greige than gray with a little brown mixed in...I'm in love with this color! Finally, Vanity Fair is a cool-toned silvery taupe with a pearlized finish and I'm glad that it's a little more subtle in person. It'll make a great lid color when I want to add a little more drama.
colourpop eyeshadow swatches
Left to Right: Cop a Feel, Wattles, Mixed Tape, Vanity Fair

Overall, I love all the new shades I got, there wasn't a dud in the entire haul. I really need to order from Colourpop more often because everything is such high-quality at drugstore prices. Now if only the drugstores would start carrying them!

Have you hauled anything from Colourpop lately?

Subscribe to The Budget Beauty Blog by Email and never miss a post! 

15 comments

  1. I love all the colors you chose! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Colour Pop, and like you have had really good luck with blushes & bronzers which I bought last year. They're still going strong this year & (like you said, again) they last so long & are so easy to use once you get the knack. I use a small stipplng brush from elf to apply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great tip about the elf stippling brush! I normally just use my fingers but I have that same brush so I'm going to try using that next time. :)

      Delete
  3. Jen, I know that you have dry skin. However, based on your experience with Colourpop blushes/highlighters, would you recommend them to someone with oily or combination skin that's breakout prone? I know that people with oily or combo (breakout prone especially) skin should avoid cream blushes like the Great Plague, but you and other rave reviews on the Internet got me intrigued. Thanks
    MarinaD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...I wish I could give you a definitive answer but I'm just not sure. I remember when G from Nouveau Cheap reviewed the eye shadows a while back and she said she has very oily lids and they wore for 10 hours with no creasing or fading. So that gives me hope that they might be okay for oily skin. Can anyone else out there with oily skin please help answer this question for Marina?
      Here's the Nouveau Cheap post:http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2015/09/review-new-colourpop-fall-2015-forever.html?m=1

      Delete
    2. I actually hate Colourpop's blushes but their highlighters are possibly the smoothest I have ever tried. I have oily skin and have no problem with any of Colourpop's products, including eye which are my favorites. I find their blushes extremely difficult to apply and after a while they seem to get really firm in the pan. On another note, if you haven't tried their creme gel liner pots, you need to. Absolutely amazing and do not budge.

      Delete
    3. Yes!! I love their eyeliners, they're probably the longest lasting of any price point that I've tried. I wasn't sure about the blushes the first time I tried them and some feel more firm than others but I found that if you really dig into them and mush them around they work a lot better! :)

      Delete
  4. Nice haul! I love ColourPop. I need to place another order soon. I want to get the some of the spring collection and more Ultra Satins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. everyone seems to love their products. I had a haul last year due to the hype. I felt the lippy sticks emphasized my lip crevices. While I absolute love the shimmery eyeshadow, it doesn't looks sophisticated. It's really a disco ball. I liked the matte shades but they don't last more than 3 hours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you on the Lippie Stix...way too drying for me, although I did like the sheer ones because they were more moisturizing with a glossy finish. I rarely wear the shimmer shadows because they're just "too much" for me these days. I really like the mattes and they last all day on me (I find they work best without primer) but I also have very dry skin so creams tend to cling really well. :)

      Delete
  6. Colourpop is having a one day flash sale right now where everything is 20% off sitewide. No code required. Sale started 7am PST and ends 7am PST on May 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tips.
    MarinaD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Just in case, the sale is at Colourpop.com, and they may have extended the sale a few hours since the site was having issues earlier.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig