L'Oreal Sexy Balm | Sneak Peek

I just saw another L'oreal sneak peek on Snapchat and I have to say...if this is all part of the same collection, my wallet is in big trouble! I have no way of knowing if all of the products they're showing will be part of the Summer 2016 collection or if they're launching for Fall, so stay tuned for more updates on that.

So far, I've shown you previews of the Cushion Glow Blush (which have already launched in Asia), and the new La Palette Glam...now Sexy Balm!

These are already out in Europe so I went over to the French L'oreal site to see what they're all about. Here's the description (sorry if some of it didn't translate well):

The comfort of a balm, the color of a lipstick, the precise application of a pencil: Check Out Sexy Balms for increasingly sexy lips!
  • • LONG MOISTURE: hydrated sustainably commenourries and protected, the lips are enhanced.
  • • COLOUR & SHINE: an irresistible color, a sexy sheen.
  • • APPLICATION ZERO COMPROMISE: pencil format and lipstick grapes for precise and easy application.

In France, there are 8 shades and they all have the cutest names inspired by the movies Clueless and Mean Girls (which I hope stay the same for when they come here).

Top Row: We Wear Pink, As If!, Queen Bee, Clueless
Bottom Row: Whaaat?, Such a Babe, Can Not Sit With Us, Go Pretty or Go Home
Here's a shot of Barbara Palvin modelling one of the red shades:
And here's a close-up...look at that pigmentation for a balm!

I think it's safe to say that luminous skin and lips are finally overtaking the matte trend. It felt like forever didn't it?!
I'll keep my fingers crossed that we'll see these for Summer 2016.

 Subscribe to The Budget Beauty Blog by Email

8 comments

  1. This stuff just can't get to US stores--specifically Ulta--fast enough to suit me!!! I can't wait to get my hands on these goodies. (Yes, I said Ulta...because I want to earn points, and it gripes me no end that the new products usually get to drugstores first. Somebody at Ulta is asleep at the switch, letting that happen.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right about that Linda! Sometimes Ulta gets the exclusive on new products like the Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland palette for example. But it's usually high-end stuff...when it comes to drugstore makeup, they never have it first!

      Delete
  2. What? and Such a Babe look so similar to me! But then I looked at the top row and back down and realized What? is a hint more orange and Such a Babe is more dark red.

    Xoxo
    Serein
    https://sereinwu.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing...they're SO close! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm heading to the UK in a few weeks, so just popped on to the Boots website.The Sexy Balms are in store! Some of the names have been changed from the list you have above, but not all. My list of makeup to buy on vacation just got longer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that's awesome! You'll have to let me know what you think of them! I'm bummed that they changed the names for the UK...I hope they keep the Mean Girls/Clueless theme when they come here.

      Delete
  4. The pigment on these is crazy! I'm thrilled to be able to start buying lip products again! I am soooooo not a matte fan. Yay for the return of shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of matte, I agree, it's been forever!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig