Physicians Formula Ultra-Nourishing Argan Lip Oil Duo Review

Lip oils have been around a while now, but mostly from higher-end brands like YSL, Clarins and Hourglass. Until now there haven't been any at the drugstores, but that all changed when Milani and Physicians Formula released their own formulas for Spring 2016. Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed in the Milani Moisture Lock oils...they seemed to actually make my lips drier, so I was crossing my fingers that the Physicians Formula Argan Wear Ultra-Nourishing Lip Oil Duo ($12.95) would be better. Let's take a look...
Physicians Formula Ultra-Nourishing Argan Lip Oil Duo

Physicians Formula Ultra-Nourishing Argan Lip Oils are sold in a package of two...a pink shade that gives your lips a light pink tint and a honey-colored shade that goes on clear. They're packaged in adorable Moroccan-inspired tubes with heavy gold plastic caps.

Physicians Formula claims that these argan-infused lip oils:

  •  "Condition, hydrate, revive, and replenish lips instantly and long term. Transforming miracle boosts lips' natural color, smoothes texture, enhances lips' shape and volume for a healthy, more youthful looking pout. 
  • 100% Pure Argan Oil infused lip duo adds a hint of color and shine while delivering deep hydration that nourishes and soothes lips.
  • Ultra-conditioning lip oil instantly relieves dryness and helps to protect against drying from environmental conditions. Ultra-luxurious coconut water flavored formula melts into your lips, absorbing instantly, for a lightweight, non-sticky luminous shine."


Physicians Formula Ultra-Nourishing Argan Wear Lip Oil Duo

Unlike the Milani lip oils, these don't have a separate applicator...they squeeze right from the tube and have a soft, flexible silicone tip. This makes them super easy to swipe on wherever you are, which is really convenient.

This formula also contains some really nourishing ingredients such as argan oil, sunflower seed oil and shea butter. The Milani version also contain a blend of nourishing oils, but not shea butter so maybe that's the point of difference here.

Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Ethylcellulose, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Flavor, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Menthyl Ethylamido Oxalate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Phenoxyethanol
Physicians Formula Argan Wear Lip Oil review

Like most lip oils, these have a runny texture that's fairly thin and absorbs into your lips rather quickly. These seemed to stay on my lips a little bit longer than the Milani ones but wear time is still very short. They do give your lips a lot of shine at first and feel really nice going on...very smooth and not sticky. They also have a pretty strong coconut scent (which I happen to love but just putting that out there in case you don't). 
The good news is, my lips didn't feel drier after using these...but then again, they didn't feel measurably more moisturized either. My lips felt pretty much the same an hour later as they did before I applied them. In between, they did seem to boost moisture a bit, but once they disappear, they seem to take that moisture with them. 
Physicians Formula Ultra-Nourishing Argan Lip Oil Duo
Overall, these are okay but they definitely don't replace my YSL Tint-in-Oil during the day and Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil at night...those are thicker formulas that actually stay on for a long time to seal moisture into my chronically dry lips. 
So if you're looking for a truly nourishing lip oil to try, you're probably better off investing in one of the higher-end brands for now...at least until the drugstore brands get it right. But if you're just looking for light moisture and want an alternative to waxy balms, you might just love these! 

You can find them at drugstores for $12.95.

2 comments

  1. I found your site a couple of weeks ago and I think it's great. I used to have super dry, cracked lips and using any lip color looked so bad I didn't even bother. I thought you might be able to use some of my tricks. I discovered that using products with mint and menthol make dryness worse. I learned that using a straw cuts the dryness by at least half (even when drinking plain water) because the moisture sitting on my lips was causing chapping. Using an anti-plaque mouthwash at night helps, too. After brushing at night I use vitamin E oil with a good lip balm, eos is my current fav, and don't drink anything but water. I know people say that using a straw causes wrinkles around the mouth but I'll take the wrinkles if my lips can feel comfortable. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good option for a colorless lip oil is by Yes to Coconut. I only use it at night, but I suppose you could wear it during the day as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig