Looxi Beauty Highlighter Review & Swatches

I recently discovered indie makeup brand Looxi Beauty on Instagram, where I saw a lot of people that I follow posting swatches of their amazing highlighters. And...since I'm a highlighter junkie, I had to see what all the fuss was about! 
I had such a hard time choosing which shades I wanted to try, but I narrowed it down to four. Let's take a closer look and get my take on these, plus see my swatches. 
Looxi Beauty Highlighter Review & Swatches


Looxi has a few options when ordering:
1. Their single highlighters in a compact are $15 each, and while it was tempting to do that, I wanted to try as many shades as possible and it would have cost me $60 to purchase four of them.

2.They also offer just the individual pans for $7.50 each, so if you have a Z-Palette, you can order them that way and they're half the price.

3. But since I have never owned a Z-Palette, I decided to build my own highlight palette on their website instead...for $35, you get a small Z-Palette and 4 highlighters of your choice!
Looxi Beauty Highlighters
Top Row: Ever After and Goddess
Bottom Row: La Belle and Bombshell

The pans came wrapped separately from the Z-Palette and I was really impressed with how well Looxi packaged everything. It was all wrapped up tight with tons of bubble wrap to make sure nothing would break on the trip from Illinois to Connecticut. Right now Looxi has a notification on their website that says that orders can take up to 2 weeks to ship out because they make everything to order by hand. My order arrived much sooner than that so I was really happy to see it in the mailbox before I was expecting it. Still, depending on the demand, it could take a longer or shorter time depending on what's going on.
looxi beauty highlighter
Clockwise from top: La Belle, Ever After, Goddess, Bombshell

Looxi's Highlighters are soft and very pigmented, and the color range is so beautiful!

Ever After is a stunning beige with a violet undertone. I've never seen a highlight this color but it's so gorgeous and unexpected.

Goddess is a light peachy pink with gold undertones. I'm almost pale enough to get away with wearing this as a blush but not quite. Instead, I layer it over my blush and bring it up slightly higher on my cheekbones for a beautiful glow.

La Belle is a light, soft gold with a metallic, shimmery finish. It's such a pretty color and goes well with my cooler skin tone.

Bombshell is a reflective champagne gold and is really popular on Instagram right now...it seems like this is everyone's top choice next to Ever After. I felt like it might be too warm on me but I wanted to be able to swatch it for you guys in case you were interested in it.
looxi beauty highlighter swatches

I've also been seeing around the web that Bombshell is a perfect dupe for Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop and judging by the way they look in the pan, I would think they would be spot-on.
becca champagne pop dupe

But actually, I didn't find them to be exact dupes. Bombshell is a little bit lighter and not quite as warm, but they're definitely very close. I have seen other people's swatches where the two looked identical so I'm wondering if the batches may vary a little bit since they're hand made.
becca champagne pop dupe

Here's a quick video I posted on Instagram yesterday that really shows the beauty of these shades and the way they catch the light!
Overall, if you're a highlighter junkie like me, I definitely recommend checking out Looxi Beauty! They have some really unique shades, and the quality is excellent! 

You can find these at Looxibeauty.com

13 comments

  1. that's a pretty good deal and those 4 are so pretty I think I would get those exact ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad they decided to do these palettes, because I was debating whether to get 2 of the compacts or four of the pans but I didn't have anything to put the pans in. Then the next time I checked their site, they had the Z-Palette option...it was perfect! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG, I'm SO glad you're reviewing this. I've never heard of Looxi until I stumbled across a customer online that was raving nonstop about their highlighters. Now I can see what all the fuss is about--the swatches look gorgeous!! That 4 pan custom palette is soooo tempting, love picking out my own colors so I don't get anything that's too dark, too warm, too frosty, etc. I love the looks of Goddess and La Belle, will need to check their site out! (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that about them! Being able to pick and choose your palette is everything! They have so many pretty colors but I tried to stick with ones that I knew would work with my fair to light skin tone. I have other highlighter palettes and there are always those shades I'll never be able to wear so I love that I can wear all of these (or even order new ones and switch them out).

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh I absolutely love the look of Ever After! I have been looking for a cooler purple highlighter for a while and this really is exactly what I need! I have never tried anything from this brand but now I'm super tempted!

    prettyneutral.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh isn't it so gorgeous?! I've seen so many swatches online and I just had to have it!

      Delete
  4. I literally was looking at this brand! I am dying to try their 'aurora's' collection so bad! By the way, have you ever heard of the brand JD cosmetics? Their highlighters look GORGEOUS. I have yet to try them yet but I really want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to try the Aurora's collection next! The swatches I've seen look incredible! I've never heard of JD Cosmetics but now I'm going to look them up...thanks! You had me at "gorgeous highlighters", lol!

      Delete
  5. I bought some Looxi highlighters a couple weeks ago. I got Ever After, Celestial (silver with gold undertone), Voodoo (iridescent green), and Luna (icy blue). I love that they had such unique shades like green and blue that I couldn't find anywhere else. They're all stunning. I'm so impressed with the quality. I want to try some of their eyeshadows next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was debating back and forth between all of those! :) I was trying to get a mix of different types of shades to review but I really want to try more of them now, and definitely the eyeshadows too!

      Delete
    2. The ones you chose are beautiful, and probably more readers would be into those shades. I'll probably end with them all eventually. lol

      Delete
  6. This is a great deal--definitely ordering the same four colors! How long did yours take to come?

    www.makeupmusicbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to say it was about week, or maybe a day or two more? That's counting the weekend too. It was definitely faster than the 2 weeks I was expecting...closer to 1 week than 2 for sure!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig