Kiko Cosmic Starlets Moon Dust Blush & Angel Kiss Set Review

kiko cosmic starlets cosmetics
I've fallen in love with Kiko Cosmetics over the past few months and while their regular product lines are amazing, the special collections are my absolute favorites! This month, they launched the Cosmic Starlets collection for Holiday 2015 and everything from the packaging to the products themselves are simply stunning. 

I was at the mall last week and wandered into the Kiko store after seeing the Cosmic Starlets collection online and it was tough to choose but I picked up two products to try...the Moon Dust Face Powder Highlighting Baked Blush and the Angel Kiss Set. Let's take a closer look...
kiko cosmic starlets review

As usual, Kiko scores major points for beautiful packaging. The boxes are a pretty and festive red and the products themselves are in red and mirrored silver containers and compacts.
kiko cosmic starlets

kiko cosmic starlets

The Moon Dust Face Powder $19 (it'll be 30% off on Black Friday/Cyber Monday and will come to $13.30) is a highlighting baked blush that comes in two shades, Mysterious Pink (which is the one I got) and Fairy Mauve which is more of a mauve-brown shade. It comes in a geometric-shaped compact and the blush itself is in a star shape. Each blush is made up of a blend of shades and they remind me a lot of the Hourglass Ambient Blushes (which are $35).
kiko moon dust blush review

These blushes give your skin a beautiful glow while adding a pop of color to your cheeks. Like the Hourglass Ambient blushes, these are like a blush/highlighter hybrid.
kiko moon dust blush review

The powder is soft and nicely pigmented and picks up easily with a brush, with little to no fallout. This pink shade is warm and soft with a bit of gold mixed in. I love this shade so much, I really want to go back and try the Fairy Mauve too!
kiko moon dust blush review

The Angel Kiss Set $14, (it'll be 30% off on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, so it'll only cost $9.80) is a lip scrub and balm duo that comes in four flavors (Candy Canes, Champagne & Strawberries, Milk & Honey, and Cranberry Crumble.  I love warm, sweet scents so I opted for the Milk & Honey scent...I wasn't disappointed! Its absolutely delicious.
kiko angel kiss review

The Velvet Lips Scrub comes in a little glass jar and the sugar crystals are very gritty so it does a great job of exfoliating. My one complaint with it is that the grains are pretty large so I had a few of them fall onto the counter rather than staying on my lips as I was first starting to use it. But plenty of the scrub stayed right on my lips and it did a great job. Just be aware that its a little bit messy...next time I'll do it over the sink. This scrub also has Rosemary extract to protect the lips and jojoba oil to nourish them.
Once my lips are smooth, the Kiss Balm stick feels so hydrating and soft with no sticky feeling at all. It adds a nice shine to my lips but no color. Some of the other flavors had pink and red Kiss Sticks so I'm curious to see if those leave a tint of color behind.
kiko angel kiss review

Overall, I'm so happy with my little Kiko haul! I need to go back and grab some more of the items in the Cosmic Starlet collection..they're just amazing quality and the packaging looks and feels so high-end. 
**PLUS! If you like this products, hold off until 11/27 before you buy because everything on the Kiko Website will be 30% off! And, in stores, they'll be offering Buy 3 Products, Get 3 Free.**

To check out the collection, please visit www.kikocosmetics.com

14 comments

  1. I've never heard of this brand but I absolutely need that blush! It's beautiful, and I love the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're an Italian brand that has just come to the US! So far everything I've tried from them has been amazing. :)

      Delete
  2. I recently reviewed this collection also! I have both blushes and they're amazing

    www.makeupmusicbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel! I'll have to check out your review! I really want to go back and get the mauve shade now!

      Delete
  3. Oh my...that blush is GORGEOUS! The scrub set sounds pretty amazing too. Why have I not heard of this brand? Is it new?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty new to the US and have limited stores mainly on the East Coast. But they recently opened an online shop in the US, so that's exciting!

      Delete
  4. There's a store?! Oh I'd be in heaven to be able to go a Kiko store! LOL. I think I'm going to have to do some black friday shopping online with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a store near me but they're mainly on the East Coast right now. Hopefully they'll open more stores soon!

      Delete
  5. That blush looks really pretty. They did a nice job with the packaging, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did! Their limited edition collections always have the prettiest packaging!

      Delete
  6. I just heard about this brand recently, it looks like a real winner, and hoping a store will open near me soon (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great! Everything is high end quality at lower prices...not as low as drugstore but still pretty affordable!

      Delete
  7. OMG the blush looks amazing!!! Do they have an online shop???

    http://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig