My Favorite: Powder Blushes

Wondering what the best powder blushes are? Here are three of my personal favorites!

A lot of you have asked me over the years what the best products are whether it's mascaras, eyeshadows, foundations, etc. and while it's hard to say what the "best" products are, I can definitely tell you my personal favorites and the reasons why I love them. 

Today, I wanted to talk about blushes because I am such a blush hoarder...I don't know why, I can't stop buying them and probably have more than I can use. But at the end of the day, there are certain ones I use most often, and they're at all different price points...more expensive isn't necessarily better! 
So I decided for this post, I would choose a favorite from each of the three price ranges I use on blog...Under $10, $11-24, and over $25.

Under $10
In this category, my all-time favorite blush is Be Matte by City Color Cosmetics. They're only $4.99 and come in twelve gorgeous shades. The pans are huge so they'll last a long time and they have an amazingly soft texture and amazing pigmentation. They're also long-lasting on your cheeks. See my review and swatches of these blushes here.

$11-$24
The Balm's Instain ($22) is a powder blush that's actually a stain. Talk about long-lasting...even on my dry skin, this stays put until bedtime and has great pigmentation. I keep meaning to pick up more shades in this because it's that good. I feel like it lasts even longer on me than the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes, which is pretty incredible. I also love the packaging...it comes in a really slim cardboard case with a magnetic closure and is really travel-friendly. You can see my review on it here (sorry for the bad pics and lighting, it's an older review).

Over $25
Too Faced Love Flush blush ($26) was just launched this summer, and I instantly fell in love with the formula, which is soft and pigmented and also very long lasting. Not to mention, it's worth picking one up for the packaging alone  It's like a giant conversation heart and if Barbie were a real person, this would totally be her blush. See my review and swatches here.
Of course, there are many blushes that I didn't mention here that I love and use regularly, but these are just my absolute favorites. What are your favorite blushes? Drop me a comment below! 

9 comments

  1. I have heard so many good things about the Be Matte blushes on YouTube but haven't placed an order yet. They're opening a 5 Below in my town and a lot of people get them there but I'm getting sick of waiting for it to open, lol. So I might just order some, I was looking at your swatches and Blackberry, Guava and Pink Grapefruit are calling my name! Would you say that the photo in your review is true to life? If so, those are the colors I want. Toasted Coconut also looks like a great bronzer or contour shade for fair skin like mine. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, definitely! I took the swatches photo in natural daylight so on my screen they look the same to me as they do in real life. You'll love them!

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely a self-proclaimed blush hoarder, but I just keep buying more. My favorite blushes from different price ranges would have to be ELF Mineral Blush in Jetsetter, Clinique Cheek Pop in Berry, and Benefit Majorette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ELF Mineral blushes are one of my favorite budget picks also! It was a tough call between them and the Be Mattes, but I ended up going with size and how much you get. Majorette is gorgeous too...love that one! :)

      Delete
  3. I just got a MAC Pro Longwear blush and I'm loving it. It's crazy pigmented and lasts all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, can you believe I still haven't tried anything from MAC? Haha! I didn't have any stores near me that had a MAC counter until recently. I'll have to break down and try some stuff at some point! :)

      Delete
  4. My favorite blushes are Colour Pop because they stay well on my cheeks, which tends to eat blush. I have the Too Faced one in I Will Always Love You (peach w/gold shimmer) and it's beautiful. I need to try the InBalm Stain (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colourpop are my favorite under $10 cream blush, but that's another post, haha! That Too Faced one sounds so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I still have to get the Too Faced ones, but I'm serioiusly lemming over them. I have all of the Instains, and they're fabulous! Thanks to you, I have the City Color Be Matte in Blackberry, and I'll pick up a couple more next time I order.

    I agree with everyone else that the ColourPop blushes are amazing. More of those are on my wishlist, as well. Sleek's blushes are incredible, but only available in the US through their website.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig