Lorac Pro Matte Palette Review & Swatches

The Lorac Pro Matte Palette ($28) is brand new for Fall 2015 and has some gorgeous matte neutrals that will be perfect for the cooler fall weather (but I don't want to think about that just yet!). I picked mine up at Kohls, and used my $5 Yes2You reward on it (which brought it down to $23) but you can also find it at Ulta. Let's take a closer look...
lorac pro matte palette review swatches

The Pro Matte Palette comes in a soft-touch case with a magnetized closure, just like the larger Pro palettes. It's also black so between that and the soft rubbery texture, this attracts makeup dust and fingerprints like a mother!
lorac pro matte palette
It contains 8 shades, as opposed to 16 shades in the regular Pro Palette. The pans inside the matte palette are slightly larger than the ones in the Pro Palettes so the outer case is just over half the length of a regular Pro palette. It's actually a great size for travel, because it's very slim and not bulky at all. 
lorac fall 2015 pro matte


The shades inside range from white to black with tan, brown, mauve, and burgundy in the middle.

Top Row:

Bare is a light beige or eggshell shade.
Latte is a light tan with a hint of gray in it.
Corduroy is a medium warm brown.
Chocolate is a dark reddish warm brown.

Bottom Row:

Linen is a bright white
Pink Mauve is a dusty pink with a hint of gray
Burgundy is a warm red brown
Jet Black is a dark neutral black.

lorac pro matte palette swatches

The pigmentation on these, as usual, is fantastic and is the same formula as the original Pro Palettes. These are soft and buttery and they pick up very easily without a lot of fallout. The two brown shades Corduroy and Chocolate are a little on the powdery side and went on a little streaky when I first swatched them, but they seemed to get much better as I went down a layer into the pan. Actually, all of the shades got even better as I got past the top layer- they're just so super soft...I love it!
lorac pro matte palette swatches

Overall, this is a must-buy if you're into matte shadows like I am. I can see myself using this a lot this fall...heck, I'm already using it! But these earthy colors are just making me think of sweater weather...and pumpkin picking and raking leaves and Thanksgiving and...okay I'm getting ahead of myself here, it's only the beginning of July! 
So tell me, will you be picking up the Lorac Pro Matte palette (or have you already)? I'd love to hear what you think! 

You can purchase the Pro Matte palette at Kohls and Ulta.

6 comments

  1. I picked mine up today too! Colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about this and wasn't going to cave in but now that I see your swatches, I feel like I have to have this!!! Good idea about the Kohls rewards. I forgot they sell Lorac at Kohls!! I have a $5 reward also. Can you use Kohls Cash and coupons as well? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daisy, you can use Kohls Cash and Yes2you rewards but not coupons. :)

      Delete
  3. Argh! So pretty! There goes my money, again. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRETTY!!! The eyeshadows look so buttery I love those kind of colors.
    Maybe a makeup tutorial? xo

    BLOG: http://catheartbudget.blogspot.com
    TWITTER: www.twitter.com/catkock

    ReplyDelete
  5. It just looks too warm for me! Seriously thinking of picking up a Lorac palette though. I don't own one!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig