Sephora Collection Oil Infusion Color & Care Review & Swatches

Sephora Collection Oil Infusion Color & Care ($14 at Sephora.com) is a brand new lip oil that just recently came out, and as soon as I saw it I wondered if it could be a dupe for my beloved YSL Tint-in-Oil ($32).  I purchased two out of the nine available shades to try and have been using them for about a week so I'm ready to share my thoughts with you! 
Sephora Collection Oil Infusion Color & Care Review & Swatches
Sephora Oil Infusion Color & Care in Raspberry Smoothie and Pink Granita

The packaging is unlike anything I've owned before...they actually remind me of test tubes. They're completely see-through and rounded at the bottom so if you want to stand these guys up, you have to put them upside down on their caps.

Compared to YSL's Tint-in-Oil, the packaging definitely looks and feels cheaper, but then again...it's kind of hard to get more luxurious than YSL, so I would say most brands aren't going to be able to compete as far as packaging goes.

They come with a standard doe-foot applicator while the YSL version has a wider, diamond-shaped applicator (see my review here). I actually prefer the YSL applicator because it allows you to apply more product at once without having to dip back into the tube, but again, that's more of a luxury, not a necessity...this one does just fine, especially since I can buy two of these for the price of one YSL Tint-in-Oil.

ysl tint in oil dupe
Sephora Collection Oil Infusion Color & Care in 07 Raspberry Smoothie

sephora oil infusion pink granita
Sephora Collection Oil Infusion Color & Care in 01 Pink Granita

The description on Sephora.com says that these are "highly pigmented" and while I wouldn't go that far, they're definitely more pigmented than the YSL Tint-in-Oils. Of the two colors I bought, Pink Granita swatched more opaque than Raspberry Smoothie, which came out a little more sheer, so there seems to be some variation in pigmentation between shades.

sephora oil infusion lip oil swatches

Here they are next to YSL's I Rose You...they're definitely more pigmented, but I still wouldn't call them full coverage.
sephora lip oil infusion swatches

Unlike the fruity scent of the YSL lip oils, these have a vanilla cake batter-type scent that isn't too strong or overpowering, but is just enough to make them sweet.

The texture of these is also different from the YSL version...they're thinner and feel like you're putting a straight oil on your lips, while the YSL oils are thicker, more like a runny lip gloss. So due to the fact that they're so thin, they don't sit on top of your lips for long...they melt in during the first half an hour of wear and feel soft and hydrating with no sticky feeling at all. They contain Castor Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Kendi Oil, and Shea Butter, so you can imagine how amazing your lips feel after wearing these!

sephora oil infusion lip swatches
Wearing Sephora Oil Infusion in Pink Granita

sephora lip oil infusion swatches
Wearing Sephora Oil Infusion in Raspberry Smoothie

On the downside, these didn't last that long on my lips. The shine wore off rather quickly as the oils sank in and then the color lasted only about 2 hours. It's possible that the darker shades will leave a bit of a stain but these two lighter shades really didn't.

Overall, I really love these, despite the shorter wear time. They're so super hydrating and make my chronically dry lips look smooth and less lined. Also, this might be a negative for some of you, but I also like how they melt into my lips rather than sitting on top. I mean, I love a good lip gloss but sometimes you just don't want to feel goop on top of your lips especially if you're going to be outside where it's windy and you don't want your hair getting stuck in it (that happens to me all too often). I'm not sure I'd call these an exact YSL dupe because there are many differences, but I like these just as much and I'm itching to buy some more shades now that I've tried them!

A few of you have told me that you purchased these last week when I first mentioned them, so I'd love to hear what you think of them!

You can see all the shades and purchase the Sephora Collection Oil Infusion Color & Care at Sephora.com.

9 comments

  1. The colors are gorgeous on you ! And for $18 cheaper, I can live with the differences (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! :) Me too! They're a great find!

      Delete
  2. I got two of these last week when you first mentioned them and they came in 2 days w/flash shipping. I got Lavender Creme and Iced Coffee and they're beautiful. I love how they feel all melty and smooth and they have medium pigment. I agree that they aren't a ysl dupe but I like them just as much in a different way. Thanks a lot for introducing me to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, I'm so glad you like them too! I definitely want to pick up Iced Coffee as well...it looks really pretty! Oh, who am I kidding? I want them all! Haha

      Delete
  3. I love that you are showing full face pics now. You remind me of Jennifer Garner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Holly! That's so sweet of you to say, I WISH I looked like her. :)

      Delete
  4. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out who you look like and I think it is Jennifer Garner! You also remind me a little bit of Dani from Coffee Break with Dani, but I've always thought she looks like Jennifer Garner so that makes sense. You all have that adorable girl next door vibe going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are too nice!! I'm a love Dani and I think she's really pretty, so that's definitely a compliment for me! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig