Etude House Lash Perm Curl Fix Mascara Review (and more!)

Etude House recently sent me some goodies to play with, including their Open Your Eyes Makeup Box ($14.90) that contains their brand new Lash Perm Curl Fix Mascara, as well as a Play 101 Eyeliner Pencil and two Look at My Eyes shadows. They also sent me some more of their Cherry Lip Gel Masks (which I've reviewed in the past) and an adorable kit that you can use to decorate your Any Cushion compact. So let's take a look!
etude house pink box
The Open Your Eyes Kit  comes with the brand new Lash Perm Curl Fix mascara, as well as a black eyeliner and two eyeshadows. Etude House also gave me an eye makeup remover in addition to the kit which definitely comes in handy when removing the Curl Fix Mascara. 

etude house open your eyes kit

etude house open your eyes kit

Lash Perm Curl Fix Mascara claims to keep your lashes curled for 24 hours! It's completely waterproof against water, sweat, tears, and sebum.
etude house lash perm curl fix mascara
Curl Fix comes in four shades: Black, Brown, Plum Burgundy, and Pink.

It has a Dual Jelly Brush that's supposed to pull your lashes top, bottom, front and back for extreme curl. The brush has very short bristles on one side and longer, comb-like bristles on the other. Just looking at the brush, you can see how glossy and black this formula is...it's really shiny!

I decided to take my usual before and after photos but then I wanted to do another one 24 hours later, to see if this really lives up to it's claim of 24 hour wear. So the other night, I didn't remove my eye makeup and put it to the test.
Before
This mascara is very, very wet. It may dry out a little the more I use it but right now, it drenches my lashes in product and leaves them looking shiny and dark but also a bit clumpy and stuck together. Even with the longer comb side, it was hard to separate them. It definitely curled them up a bit though!
After
So here's my lashes 24 hours later...sorry for the bad indoor lighting but it was really early in the morning! The Lash Perm Curl Fix was still in place with no smudging or flaking under my eyes...amazing. I've used waterproof mascaras that lasted all day but they never survive the night without smudging. You can even see my waterproof eyeliner is starting to break down behind my lashes but the mascara is still there, just not quite as rich and glossy looking. Also, I was impressed by the fact that my lashes didn't turn hard and crunchy with this mascara. They were a little bit stiff but not nearly as much as I thought they would be.
After 24 Hours
The Play 101 Pencil in black also comes in the Open Your Eyes kit and it's a twist-up waterproof eyeliner that's creamy and soft and gives you rich color in one stroke so you don't need to go over it multiple times. It's made of a "highly functional waterproof polymer) that helps it to last all day. This is the eyeliner I'm wearing in the photos above and while it did last all day, by the 24 hour mark it had started to break down. Still, that's pretty good!
Also included in the kit are two Look at My Eyes eyeshadows. One is a satiny finish and one is a glitter.

Here are swatches of the eyeliner and shadows. Look how dark the eyeliner is in one swipe! The shadows are also soft and pigmented.

I wanted to show you this little kit as well, it's a Decoden Kit which is a trend that originated in Japan. People are using these kits to decorate their phones, e-readers, and portable gaming systems. This cute little kit is for decorating your Etude House Any Cushion foundation compacts! It comes with a bag of little charms and a tube of glue for attaching them.

So what do you think of Etude House's newest offerings? Have you tried any of them yet? 


*Disclosure- The items mentioned in this review were sent to me by Etude House for review but all opinions are my own and I was not paid to write this review.*

You May Also Love:

3 comments

  1. I love Etude house. I just bought their Sunprise natural corrector SPF50+ And I can't wait to try it out. I really really want to try their any-cushion bb's

    Loevens makeup rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have oily lids with short, stubbornly straight lashes that don't hold curl well. I need a mascara that wears like iron and can curl my lashes, but I'm worried about the clumps. But Etude might have other formulas or colors that are less clumpy, I might look into it. (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I would like to see the result of burgundy and pink color one.. I'm so curious

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig