My Perfect Summer Bikinis!

I rarely do fashion posts, but when I find something I love, I feel like shouting it from the rooftops! I've been looking for a swimsuit for a month or so and wasn't having any luck. After having a baby, my shape has changed a little bit. I'm back to my pre-baby weight, but my hips are wider now, so finding bottoms that give good coverage is such a challenge! 
Every bikini I found fit on top but even the size large bottoms were too skimpy...even high end suits that cost a fortune. Finally, I ended up at Aerie and oh my gosh...they have every different kind of swimsuit you can imagine! Whatever your personal body issues are, you're likely to find something that fits there. 
For me, I have a totally flat chest and a lot of swimsuit tops make it look even flatter (which makes my top and bottom look even more out of proportion). So I ended up finding the perfect suits for my pear-shaped figure...they have a push-up bra style top and a fuller coverage hipster bottom.  What I love about them is that I don't feel like I'm wearing a frumpy "mom" bathing suit...they're still super cute, trendy bikini's! 
Holly Bikini top and Crochet Bottom, and Brooke Bikini Top and Aerie Hipster Bottom
Read on for more details!

When I bought these, Aerie was having a BOGO Free sale, so I was able to get the bottoms for free. I think at the moment, they're running a BOGO for $10 but they're always changing it. 

The first suit that caught my eye was the Brooke Bikini Top ($39.95) and the Aerie Hipster Bikini Bottom ($24.95). I love the print and the fact that the bottoms are adjustable and have cute ties on the sides. 

Next, I picked up the Holly Bikini Top ($44.95) and the Aerie Crochet Hipster Bikini Bottom ($26.95).  First of all...the color is just beautiful! Second, the fit is perfect on both pieces and I love the crochet detailing. The straps on the top are also removeable so it can be worn as a bandeau-style top. When you're flat chested like I am, strapless tops tend to completely flatten you out, but this has padded, molded cups so that doesn't happen...yay!
Holly Bikini Top and Crochet Hipster Bottom
No matter what your body type, if you're struggling in the search for a bathing suit this summer, try Aerie on for size! It was a lifesaver for me and I finally feel like I can be comfortable and look cute on the beach this summer...and that's priceless!

17 comments

  1. Thanks so much for this! I've been to Macy's, Lord and Taylor, American Eagle, H&M, Forever 21 etc. even Target because their Mossimo bikinis used to fit me. But I had the same problem. It seems like full coverage bikini bottoms don't exist unless you buy those retro-style high waisted ones, which look cute on some people but not on me! I was about to resort to a 1pc. but I'll try Aerie first, I don't know why I didn't think of them before. I love your blog by the way! You should do more fashion posts, you always have great style advice as well. :) xx Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia, YES! I tried the Mossimo ones too and this year they didn't fit as well. Granted I did change shape a little so maybe it's me and not them. Haha. And thank you so much! I appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  2. Christine LangfordJune 3, 2015 at 5:53 PM

    Oh those are cuuute. I love them both. Like the commenter above, I didn't think of Aerie for swimsuits, even though I do shop there for sweats and underwear from time to time. I was checking out their website and they have a lot of options. Their rouched high-rise bottoms look like they'll be perfect for hiding my muffin top and little bit of a tummy, while still rocking a bikini. Good thing high rise is in this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Haha those are cute too. I was the same way, I didn't realize they had swim until I walked by the store and saw a sign about the BOGO swim in the window.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jamie! I can't wait to wear them. :)

      Delete
  4. Glad you found some bikinis you like! They look very cute, love the colors. I live in a cooler climate, so I don't wear swimsuits unless I'm going on a cruise, but going swimsuit shopping is about as fun as going to the dentist for a root canal (ugh)! I never thought of Aerie for swimsuits, but will keep them in mind if I need some (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've surprisingly found 4 new swimsuits from Wal-Mart! I have DD boobs AND a "Kardashian" as my boyfriend likes to call it so finding a suit that I don't spill out of on either end is rough. But Wal-Mart now has a line for us busty girls with junk in the trunk called "Smart and Sexy"… They are mix and match pieces, so I was able to buy a top that actually fit and then just picked up a black bottom from the cheaper selection.

    http://www.walmart.com/browse/clothing/swim-shop/5438_1229269?facet=brand:Smart+%26+Sexy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Smart and Sexy! Yes, I've heard of them...they make cute underwear and bras too. I had no idea they did swim!

      Delete
  6. Geesh well I am a big girl, not overly endowed and short too. (Don't hate me because I am beautiful!) I was randomly in Ross one day and came upon a mock tankini (It is actually a one piece) that luckily for me perfectly matches a pair of swim boyshorts so I can cover up what G-d gave me to and from the pool. Only $27! What's not to loves? Also--they are carrying a good assortment of Profusion brand cosmetics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great Holly! I don't have Ross near me, sadly. I need more stores that sell Profusion. Oh! But I wanted to tell you I found Prestige Cosmetics at Rite Aid today!

      Delete
  7. Score! There mechanical eyeliners rival Clinique but I might have told you that already. Also, they make an eyeshadow crayon I really like. Can;t wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for reminding me! When I was at the store I was trying to remember what you said in your email and tried to look it up but had no service. I thought it was one of their liners but wasn't sure. :)

      Delete
  8. Also, I am abnormally excited that you remember me. Its like meeting your favorite celebrity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, of course I remember you! :) I'm just glad at was you and not a different Holly! I was second guessing myself until you replied, haha. If it was a different Holly, she would have been like, what are you talking about? Lol

      Delete
    2. I wish I could think of a word to rhyme with Profusion so I can be Holly the Profusion-blahblah! I have dabbled in makeup over the years but this is the first time I have found a brand I have really loved since Ulta II was a thing. Ohhhh Ulta II how I miss your sultry plum hues and slick off white packaging. I am off to have a good cry. (Actually I am off to read your latest post!)

      Delete
    3. Ha! Ulta II? I swear my head has been in the clouds all day. I meant Ultima II.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig