Maybelline ColorBlur Cream Matte Lip Pencil Swatches & First Impression

I recently spotted the new Maybelline Color Blur Matte Lip Pencils at Walmart for $7.73 each. They weren't in any sort of special display where new products are, they were just mixed in with all of the existing Maybelline products. There are 10 shades (my Walmart had 9 of them in stock) so I got them all to share with you. I wanted to get swatches up now because a lot of you have told me you're waiting to see the swatches before you buy.  I can't do a review right now since I haven't thoroughly tested them out, but I will give my first impression...let's take a look!
Maybelline Colorblur swatches

There's a gorgeous range of shades to choose from, but if you like nude or subtle colors, there's really only one...I like to Mauve It. The one shade I'm missing, Pink Insanity may also be a lighter color based on the display at the store, but the rest are all brighter, darker shades.
Maybelline Color Blur Swatches

The formula is so super creamy, it's ridiculous! They glide on like butter and have a velvety powder-like finish with no shine whatsoever. They made my lips feel very soft and smooth and didn't cake or sink into lines. Wear time on I Like To Mauve It (which is the only color I've tried on my lips so far) was pretty good at a few hours, but I'm guessing some of the darker, more pigmented shades will stain (they stained my arm!) and last longer. They have a smudger on one end for creating that gradient lip look that's been popular in Korea for a while now (darker in the center and faded out toward the edges). I haven't tried them that way yet, just all over the lips. Pigmentation on all shades is incredible...these swatches are all one swipe and they don't drag on the skin or lips at all.  They're just a dream to apply and wear. I'm in love so far! 

I'll post a full review with lip swatches in the next week or so once I've had the chance to really try these out. Stay tuned! 

18 comments

  1. Ohhhh I need these so badly. I haven't seen them anywhere yet *sob*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same problem Maddy! I decided to check Walmart again today (I've been there every day, literally) and they were just putting the products in. They must have thought I was crazy, taking one of every color, but oh well. Haha.

      Delete
  2. Well, it's official! I'll definitely be on the hunt for these within the next 24 hours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck Latisha, I hope you find them! :) I had a hard time but they just put them out today at my Walmart. I haven't seen them in drugstores yet.

      Delete
  3. Good Lord, these swatches look beautiful! I just found your blog on Instagram and I LOVE it, I was up so late last night reading all of your previous posts. Well at least back a year or so but it looks like your posts go back to 2009 so I'm going to be very busy LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh thank you so much, Aimee! I love hearing that! It makes all the late nights and hard work worth it. :)

      Delete
    2. It's so funny, I too just found you but from a Google search on Wet N Wild and I can't stop reading your blog and your instagram!! I'm hooked :-)

      Delete
    3. Aww thanks so much CinnaBlaze! That makes my day! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, the pigment is amazing!! Will be looking for these (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I was shocked at how bold these came out in one swipe. And how soft they are!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, these look super interesting. I definately want to try "I like to mauve it" and "cherry bang bang bang" Never seen these before.

    Loevens makeup rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I Like To Mauve It" is my absolute favorite shade of the bunch so far. It's purple-y but in a really wearable, subtle way. I just saw them at Bed, Bath and Beyond and was able to pick up the shade I was missing, so they're definitely rolling out to more stores now. :)

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to try these. I'm a sucker for greige and mauve and purpley lippies so I definately need to try "I like to Mauve it" and you just can't go wrong with a red lip either :)

      Delete
  6. im concerned about some weird texture on the tip of these crayons im wondering if yours where like that to when first purchased. mine were. they didnt looked smuged or anithing like that it was just some coral like texture in the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine looked the same way. I was worried about the being used since they aren't safety sealed but they're all like that at first. When you use them, the rough texture goes away. :)

      Delete
  7. nice swatches very helpful: )

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig