Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Enigma Review and Swatches

Urban Decay Enigma Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($20) is a brand new limited edition shade for Spring 2015.  I've been using it for a while now and wanted to review it for you guys and also tell you a little bit about the cause behind it...let's take a look!
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Enigma Review and Swatches

First and foremost, 100% of the purchase price of Enigma goes to The Ultraviolet Edge, which is Urban Decay's global initiative to empower women. Wende Zomnir, the founder of Urban Decay has teamed up with Gwen Stefani to help raise awareness and launch this amazing cause and they hope to raise $3 million over the next five years by selling limited edition products that will fund causes to empower women around the world.
Gwen Stefani and Wende Zomnir

All of the money they make from the sale of Enigma will go toward the Women's Global Empowerment Fund, to provide micro-loans, literacy programs, and business and leadership programs to women in post-war Uganda. Just 3 tubes of primer will fund a life-changing micro loan for one woman!

Enigma comes packaged like the other Primer Potions in the new style tube with an applicator. I'm conflicted about the packaging change because the applicator makes using this a little bit neater, but at the same time, dipping it back into the tube repeatedly might dry out the product or introduce bacteria over time. The paraben-free formula features "space-age polymer technology that fills in any imperfections on the skin's surface" and promises 24-hour wear.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Enigma Review and Swatches
Enigma is described as a neutral matte shade, and it definitely has a cooler, pinkish tone to it than the original Primer Potion. It creates an amazing base on your eyes that wakes you right up, even when you've had no sleep! Since I'm so fair-skinned, this can actually work as a barely-there eyeshadow look all by itself! Just be aware...the formula is very thick so you only need to dab on a little bit and then spread it thin with your finger.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Enigma Review and Swatches
I wanted to show you how this looks under eyeshadow, so I swatched L'oreal Infallible Burst Into Bloom by itself and then over Enigma.  It really intensified the color and pigmentation!
Overall, I love everything about this primer...the color, the long-lasting formula, and the cause that it supports! The only real negative is the fact that it's limited edition! I need to go buy more of it before it disappears.  It's been sold out on the Urban Decay website for a while now but you can still find it online at Ulta or Macys. It's not on the Sephora website anymore but I found mine in my local Sephora store...they still had quite a few left.

4 comments

  1. I love Enigma. It even works great alone as an eyeshadow (I'm very fair-skinned, so it shows up.) I like the cool tone to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I also have fair, cool toned skin and this shade is really complimentary!

      Delete
  2. I had no idea about the story behind this, I just thought it was a new color. I was already contemplating purchasing it but now that I know 100% goes to charity, I'm definitely going to buy it! Bravo to Urban Decay! How many companies donate 100%?? That's so great!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig