Pixi Glow Mist Review

Pixi Glow Mist ($15 at Target) was one of those total impulse purchases for me.  I was at Target a few weeks ago buying more of the Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balms and I spotted this along with a few other new products for Spring 2015.  I just couldn't resist it...I'm a sucker for face mists! Let's take a look...

According to the Pixi website, Glow Mist:

Gives a glowing, luminous & smooth complexion. Enriched with 13 natural oils plus propolis, aloe vera and fruit extracts.
Before makeup: hydrates, protects & nourishes.
After makeup: sets makeup, adds a dewy finish and protects skin.
Anytime: refreshes makeup, hydrates and adds glow.
Ingredients: 
Water, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Propolis Extract, Niacinamide, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Panthenol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Adenosine, Rose Flower Oil, Tagetes Minuta Flower Oil, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Elettaria Cardamomum Seed Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Vetiveria Zizanoides Root Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil.

Glow Mist is a dual phase product...you can see in the above photo that there's a layer of oil floating on top.  You just have to shake the bottle well before spraying. 
The atomizer has small nozzle so the mist is very fine and it doesn't leave big droplets all over your face.  I just hold it about 12 inches away and hold the button down to release the cooling, refreshing mist. It smells so good- very clean and spa-like. It actually reminds me a lot of Caudalie's Beauty Elixir. I mainly use it as a makeup setting spray to create a seamless finish or as a refresher during the day.  Now that the weather is getting warm, I love to use it after I've been outside running around with my 2 year old.  It feels amazing when you feel overheated and tired...it's a great pick-me-up! 
It does hydrate your skin, with oils like Argan, Jojoba, Avocado, and Olive plus hyaluronic acid, but it doesn't take the place of your moisturizer (at least for me but I have dry skin)- it just adds a boost to dehydrated skin, whether you've been on a plane, or out in the sun or wind. It also contains tea tree oil and aloe to soothe a stressed out complexion.
Overall, I'm loving Pixi Glow Mist and I know I'll be using it all summer- it's in my purse right now, I've been taking it everywhere!

You can find it at your local Target or at Pixibeauty.com

6 comments

  1. The ingredients sound great for the skin. I need to look out for this the next time I'm at Target. --Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, definitely! I was really impressed by how many amazing ingredients were in this! Hopefully you're able to find it...I keep hearing from people that their Target stores are sold out already. I know I took the last one at my Target!

      Delete
  2. I have been eyeing this as well. Is this similar to the Smashbox primer water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lexie! Based on the ingredients it's actually quite a bit different. The Smashbox Primer water contains water, caffeine and minerals like calcium, potassium and magnesium. It's completely oil-free while the Pixi Glow Mist has 13 different oils in it plus Niacinamide, Aloe, Panthenol, Tea Tree and a lot of other plant and fruit extracts. So I think the Smashbox version is a similar concept in the sense that it's supposed to refresh your face, prime, and set makeup but the ingredients are so different. I guess it all depends what you're looking to add to your skin. :)

      Delete
  3. Aw, man. This sounds great but olive oil breaks me out. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this a week ago and after the 3rd use it stopped "misting" and started SPRAYING. Like, directly into my eye. I don't know if i got a defective one but did you end up having any issues with it?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig