Profusion Smoky Eyeshadow Palette Review and Swatches

The Profusion Smoky Eyeshadow Palette ($5 at Five Below) is a budget friendly makeup find that I couldn't wait to share with you guys...just wait until you see these swatches! I reviewed the Profusion Bare Palette a few days ago and I was really impressed, although there were a couple shades that were a bit lacking in pigmentation. I have to say...this palette is even better! Let's take a look...
profusion smoky eyeshadow palette review and swatches
The palette is cardboard with a magnetic closure and a mirror inside. It also comes with a black eyeliner pencil and sponge-tipped applicator.
profusion smoky eyeshadow palette review and swatches
I assumed that a Smoky palette would be mostly darker shades, but there are a few light and medium shades in this palette as well.  There are 10 shades total, 2 matte and 8 shimmer. The shimmer shades are extremely buttery and soft and ridiculously pigmented...I can hardly believe this palette was only $5.


profusion smoky eyeshadow palette review and swatches

profusion smoky eyeshadow palette review and swatches
The first four shades are shimmers...there's a white, taupe, rose gold and medium brown which all swatched beautifully although they did have a bit of fallout if I pressed a little harder into the pan. The green shade was drier and powdery and didn't swatch as easily as the shimmers...however, I was easily able to build it up to the color you see in the pan with a second swipe.
profusion smoky eyeshadow palette swatches
The last five shades were all shimmer except for the last one. There's a pretty pinky-beige, a rosy brown, a gunmetal gray, a silvery gray and then a matte black.
The matte black was actually the biggest surprise of the palette...in my experience, the matte black shade in most palettes is streaky and comes out more of a dark gray than a black. This one is soft, buttery and comes out a deep, rich black on the first swipe.
profusion smoky eyeshadow palette swatches
Overall, I'm loving this palette! It has a really pretty mix of shades and I've actually been using some of the lighter shades with the browns for every day looks vs. smoky eye looks which I don't wear all that often. I'm just super impressed with Profusion lately, from these palettes to the Feline Lip Lusters and Luxy Lips Glosses...they're a bargain brand with some seriously great formulas. If you live near a Five Below, I wouldn't hesitate to check these palettes out! If not, I've seen them on Ebay, so you can always check there as well.
Makeup reviews, Beauty Blog, best beauty blogs, best eyeshadows, drugstore makeup

7 comments

  1. You can also order them directly from Profusion Cosmetics but they are like $1 more plus shipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, although I didn't see these particular palettes on their site. It seems like everything I find at Five Below and Walgreens isn't on their site. Weird!

      Delete
  2. They call it the Perfect 10 Palette but when you click the link it is the Bare, Smoky and Berry palette. I am really looking forward to seeing what you thought of the Berry palette since the small 12 pan palette also called Berry they had around the holidays was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, thanks! I'll post the link in my post! :) I'll have to try the berry one next!

      Delete
  3. You have to forgive me. I am the self proclaim Profusion spokeswoman. I want everyone to buy it, use it and love it so they can be around forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no problem! :) I think it's great that a lot of people really seem to be into them...we need more affordable brands that are great quality!

      Delete
  4. I just bought my smokey eye palette from Marshells for 5.00$ and I have to say it is one of the best eye shadows I've had in a long time.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig