Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Ultra Eyeshadow Palette Review and Swatches

Makeup Revolution Ultra 32 Shade Flawless Matte Eyeshadow Palette ($11.99) was just released a couple of months ago and as someone who loves matte shadows (hello, Tartelette palette!) the thought of getting 32 shades for only $11.99 was too good to pass up.  So I added the Flawless Matte Palette to my cart during my last Makeup Revolution haul.  They also have additional 32-shade palettes with shimmer and satin finishes if you prefer those to mattes (see them here). Let's take a look...

This palette is larger than the other Makeup Revolution palettes that I have such as the Iconic and I Heart Chocolate palettes...I would say it's about an inch wider and the pans inside are smaller and round instead of rectangular. But they still managed to fit 32 shades into a slim palette that's not too much larger than their other palettes which is fantastic! I do wish that the pans were a little larger but they're not so small that they're hard to work with.  
makeup revolution flawless matte palette swatches

I also love the huge mirror... that's one plus to having a larger palette! 

Flawless Matte comes with a plastic sheet with the shade names on it.  I usually keep it inside the palette not only for the names but also because it acts as a barrier and keeps the mirror from getting powdery.


Makeup Revolution flawless matte palette review and swatches


There's a great range of shades here from light to dark.  Some are cooler and some are a little warmer so you can create a large variety of looks with these. My only complaint is that the bottom two rows are very similar...there's no exact dupes but if you look at the 4th, 5th, and 6th shades across on the bottom two rows, they're really close and they swatch almost identical as well.

The formula of these shadows is what I've come to expect from Makeup Revolution...soft and nicely pigmented. They're not quite as rich and buttery as some others I've tried from brands like Urban Decay or Lorac, but they're close...definitely far above drugstore quality shadows.  There were a few duds in here but I honestly can't remember which shades they were now. 2 or 3 of them were lacking in pigmentation and were a little dry, but overall the quality of the shades is excellent...a few duds out of 32 shades is really good!

Here are the swatches of the top row- these shades are very light and a little more sheer.
makeup revolution flawless matte swatches review
Flaw, Nutmeg, Pearl, Matte, Shell, Chrome Cork and Stone.
The second row is a bit darker than the first...there are some really great crease colors in here! I'm loving fawn, warm, mud, and leather. 
makeup revolution flawless matte review swatches
Cool, Sand, Fawn, Muse, Warm, Mud, Leather, and Smoke
The third row is again a little darker than the previous two.  There are some rich, warm shades in here like antique, nut, and rust.  Plus, I love charcoal over to the right- it's a beautiful gunmetal shade.
Antique, Nut, Taupe, Rosewood, Rust, Bear, Olden, and Charcoal.
Finally, the last row is very similar to the third row...each shade is just very slightly different. For me, I think I would have been happy if they eliminated this one and left it with just three rows and slightly bigger pans. 
Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Ultra Eyeshadow Palette Review and Swatches
Soft, Oak, Bark, Warm, Burnt, Wood, Earth, and Carbon

Overall, I'm so happy I picked up this palette! This has just about every matte shade I could possibly want all in one compact so for me, it's definitely a must-have.  Not to mention, $11.99 is an insanely good price for this! If you're not familiar with Makeup Revolution, they are a UK based brand but they ship worldwide.  When you visit their website, to see prices in US dollars (or whatever currency you're using) find the white bar running along the top third of the screen and over to the left, it says "select your currency".  Otherwise, you'll see all the prices in British Pounds.

You can purchase Flawless Matte at MakeupRevolutionStore.com

Have you tried any of the Flawless palettes, or anything else from Makeup Revolution... Or are you still waiting to try something from them?

5 comments

  1. I've been thinking about buying this palette! I've been loving all of my matte eyeshadows lately and this just seems like a really good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u for reviewing this as I was pleasantly surprised. Just now hearing a bit about this brand. I agree the fourth row was unessecessary as i was surprised how so many are virtually identical to the 3rd row. A bigger pan of other colors would've def been preferred. But really enjoyed ur review and I am going to give the brand a try as it's not that muj lost for the price but a lot of great shadows to gain even if I like only half of then. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenny I think you'll love Makeup Revolution! They have several dupes of more expensive palettes too, such as the Urban Decay Naked Palettes and Too Faced Chocolate bar. The quality is very close! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review.. I'm really looking forward to buy this one.. And it's an amazing deal too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this palette! I use it nearly everyday now and think it has such a good variety!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig