L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush Review and Swatches

L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush Collection ($9 each at L.A. Girl) is brand new for Spring 2015 and I had been planning to order them from the L.A. Girl website for a few weeks now.  But lucky me, I spotted them in Burlington Coat Factory, of all places! Not only that, but they were only $4.99 each...a total steal. There are four different blush palettes online (Glam, Glow, Spice and Pinky), and I would have purchased all four but Burlington only had two of the shades left, Glow and Glam. Let's take a look...
L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush Review and Swatches



Just like the Beauty Brick eyeshadow palettes these are made of glossy cardboard and have a see-through window in the front.  They're pretty large in size too (they're about the same size as Urban Decay's Naked Palettes) so you really get a lot of product.
L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush Review and Swatches
Each palette contains two blushes, a bronzer, and a highlighter.  I have other similar blush/bronzer/highlight palettes but they only have one blush, so I like that there are two to choose from here....one lighter and one darker. The blushes and bronzers are matte, while the highlighters are shimmery, but not overly so.
L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush Review and Swatches
Glam is the brighter, bolder one of the two palettes I bought.  The first blush is a dark fuchsia pink and I think it's a little too dark for my skin...and so is the bronzer.  The good news is, the bronzer isn't orange at all, it's a really nice natural brown.  The lighter blush in this palette is super pretty and the highlighter is my favorite between the two palettes. It's a beautiful champagne color and it's not too shimmery. It's also very close to the color of my skin, so I don't use it as a highlighter, I actually use it all over my face to give my skin a soft-focused airbrushed effect.
L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush Review and Swatches
L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush Review and Swatches

Glow is a lighter palette that's perfect for fair and light skintones. The blushes are so pretty...there's a rosy shade and a nude-pink.  The bronzer is the perfect bronzer for fair skin- it's not orange at all and it's light enough to look really natural.  The highlight shade is almost pure white, which is great when you have lighter skin because it actually highlights vs. blend in.
L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush Review and Swatches
L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Blush Review and Swatches
Every shade in these palettes is super soft and easy to pick up with a brush...almost too easy. If I dip my brush in lightly, I still have to tap it to get the extra powder off. But I'm not complaining! They're nicely pigmented too.  I feel like Glam looks a little more pigmented than Glow in the swatches, but it may just be because it's darker and there's more contrast against my skin.

Overall, these are super cute face palettes and I know I'll get a lot of use out of them, especially Glow. If you're interested in these, check at your local Burlington Coat Factory first because you might score a great deal! But I have to say, I like these enough to pay $9 for them...it's still a really good price for what you're getting.
To see all the shades, please visit Lagirlcosmetics.com

6 comments

  1. I never even heard of LA Girl until I started reading your blog and so far ive tried the Glazed Lip Paints and Pro Concealer and they've become go-to products for me. I'd love to try these too,but I'll check BCF before I order them online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate,

      That's so great to hear! Those are some of my favorite products too. Yes, definitely check Burlington first, because it's like almost half the price (plus you don't have to pay shipping!).

      Delete
  2. These look so pretty. I've been on the fence about ordering these ever since they came out because I need another blush palette like a hole in my head. But now I don't know I think I have to have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know me too. You should see my makeup stash it's getting ridiculous! But they were hard to resist, especially at that price! Plus I had great luck with the eyeshadow Beauty Bricks so I knew these would be good too. :)

      Delete
  3. Hello, recently I bought this too in shade GLOW. And yes like you said, it perfectly fits my fair medium skin. One thing gets me confused is the expiry date, I can't find it anywhere both on the case or box. I only found the period after opening which is 36 month. Did you find yours? Or LA Girl actually didn't stamp the expiry date? Hope you can enlighten my curiosity :p Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mellysa, mine doesn't have an expiration date either, so maybe they don't put one on them. I mostly see expiry dates on skincare but not as often on cosmetics. :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig