Profusion Sweet Tooth Palette Review and Swatches

I recently picked up the Profusion Sweet Tooth Palette in Natural ($3) at Five Below and I wanted to just do a quick mini review on it for you guys because I've been getting requests since I posted a few of my Five Below finds on Instagram last week. 
Ever since Too Faced came out with the Chocolate Bar, there have been many "chocolate" inspired palettes. I don't think this means to be a dupe, it's just a similar idea. It comes in a really cute pillow box with an old-fashioned candy store style font.




Inside, the palette comes in a slim plastic case with a clear lid...no mirror or applicators here, it's very simple and streamlined. The shadows themselves look like chocolate bar squares and there's a nice variety of neutral shades in here.

There are four matte shades and five shimmers. The shadows all feel soft but the shimmers have quite a bit of fallout.

Similar to other Profusion palettes I've reviewed in the past, the matte shades were very hard to work with and not pigmented at all. In the swatches below, the matte white (#1) and matte gray (#5) barely show up on my skin. The other two mattes, which are a dark olive green and dark purple (#8 and #9) showed up a little bit better but still swatched streaky and patchy. All the shimmers were very soft and buttery and had very nice pigmentation...but also quite a bit of fallout.  


Overall, this palette has some really pretty shades and cute packaging, and honestly, it's hard to complain about a $3 eyeshadow palette.  It's decent quality for the price...5 of the shades are definitely useable, but the matte shades were disappointing and I probably won't even bother using those- they were just way too hard to pick up.
For $2 more, the Profusion Bare Palette or the Smoky Palette  give you a little more bang for your buck than this one with more useable shades.
I wasn't able to find this palette online to link to it, so I'm thinking it might only be available at Five Below...but I'm not sure. If anyone has seen these anywhere else, please be sure to leave a comment below!

1 comment

  1. Profusion junkie here! Shade #4 is lovely. I wish shade #5 was a bit more workable. I am looking for a light gray shadow that doesn't make me look like Dr. Frank-N-Furter.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig