Beauteque Head To Toe Bag Review: Tony Moly

A few weeks ago, I was given the opportunity to review Beauteque's Head To Toe Bag and I was super excited when I received it and saw that it was filled with Tony Moly products! TonyMoly is one of the hottest Korean beauty brands and if you've been wanting to try it but didn't want to deal with shipping from Korea, Beauteque is based right here in the US (New Jersey to be exact). Beauteque's mission is to "help east meet west" bringing the best, most cutting-edge international products to the US market. 
Beauteque has a fabulous online store filled with individual products, but they also do a monthly limited edition bag called the Head To Toe bag.  Each bag has a specific theme, such as pink, milk, breakfast, or spa.  They're priced between $22-30 and feature 7-8 full sized products with a much higher value...for example, this month's Tony Moly bag contains $70 worth of products! Let's take a look...
This month's bag costs $28 and is in a cute drawstring blue and white gingham pattern.  I actually prefer getting a bag like this vs. another plastic makeup case...it's much easier to store and can have tons of other uses. 
beauteque tony moly bag review

First, I spotted Tony Moly's Kiss Kiss Lip Balm ($10) (you can also choose a lip scrub instead of this when ordering). This balm contains jojoba and macadamia oil, and protects your lips with SPF 15. It comes in an adorable Lip-shaped container and reminds me of the Bbo Bbo lip balm I reviewed a while back. This balm is super soft and has a warm, sweet honey-like scent. It's amazing!

Next is their Tangerine Whitening Hand Cream ($12)...again with the adorable packaging! This jar looks like a little tangerine and inside, the cream smells exactly like a juicy tangerine. Don't be afraid of the "whitening" claim...a lot of Korean products say that they're whitening, but they won't actually turn you white.  This brightens your skin with Vitamin C and citrus fruit extracts, while arbutin prevents dark spots from forming, leaving your skin clear and glowing.  This cream is super moisturizing and absorbs fast with no greasy residue.

I jumped up and down when I saw the Gold Black Sugar Mask Scrub ($11) in this month's bag! I'm in love with Skinfood's version (see my review here) and I'm almost out of it, so this looks like it's very similar. It doesn't have a lemony scent like the Skinfood version...this one has a very faint, almost undetectable sugary scent. It feels thick and slushy with just the right amount of grit so it'll get the job done without irritating my face.

The Face Mix Primer Lip Concealer ($12) is one of those cool beauty products you don't see everyday! It feels velvety like a primer, creating a smooth surface for lipstick, but it also has a hint of tint to even out your lips if they're different colors like mine (my bottom lip is darker than my top which can make lipsticks look uneven).  It's flesh-colored so it looks like you're putting undereye concealer on your lips, but this helps create a neutral base so your lipstick color pops and looks like it does in the tube without your own lip color showing through.

The Strawberry Seeds 3-Step Nose Pack ($3) is another cute and interesting product! This contains 3 nose strips...the first one is a sheet mask that you place on your nose and leave it for 15-20 minutes. It helps to loosen the sebum that's clogging your pores and creating blackheads and also open your pores. Next, the second strip is like a Biore pore strip...leave it on 10-15 minutes until it hardens, then peel it off. I noticed a lot more gunk on the strip than usual...must have been the pre-treatment! Finally, apply the third strip, which is another sheet mask to help close and tighten the pores. After using this, my nose felt really smooth and moisturized and a lot of my blackheads were gone. I'm guessing a few more of these treatments will get rid of them completely!

The one product in the bag I wasn't crazy about was the Make HD Straight Cream ($16). This is a permanent hair straightener you can do at home! I already have straight hair, so unfortunately I can't use this one.
Finally, they included two cute heart-shaped pumice stones ($3 each).  These can be used to scrub wet feet to make them super smooth and soft.
Overall, this was a great bag and I'll use every single product except for one...the hair straightening cream. If you've been dying to try Korean beauty products, or Tony Moly, this bag is a great opportunity to get them right in the US for less than half the cost of buying them separately. By the way...this isn't a subscription you have to sign up for...you can just buy the bag each month if you're interested in the theme.
To purchase this month's Head To Toe bag, please visit Beauteque.com.

2 comments

  1. I'm prreetttyyy sure the 3-step nose pack needs to be mine! What a great price if it actually works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man this looks so cute! I don't need the hair straightener either but even without it this is still a good deal- $54 value for $28. I've been eyeing Tony Moly at Sephora and Urban Outfitters the past few months but haven't tried it yet. This actually seems like the most cost-effective option so I think I'll finally take the plunge, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig