Julep Maven May 2015 Sneak Peek (and why I cancelled my other Subscription boxes).

The Julep Maven window is open today, so I was able to log in and see what I'm getting next month and make any adjustments.  I'm really excited about the upcoming box!  I have to say, Julep is the only subscription box I still receive every month.  I used to get quite a few, and have slowly been giving them up...in fact, I just cancelled the last two I was hanging on to...Birchbox and Ipsy, because they're just not exciting to me anymore.  I feel like they keep sending repeat or similar products and a lot of them aren't really a great fit for me. They've just gotten...well, boring!
It's funny because when I first signed up for Julep, I planned on a 2 or 3 month trial run and figured I would probably cancel it soon after because how interesting could a nail polish subscription box be? At the time, Ipsy was wowing me every month with exciting new products and plenty of full sizes, so I assumed I was going to be with them for the long haul. 
Well here I am a year and a half later, still going strong with Julep...and I haven't been disappointed in a box yet!
I originally signed up for the Julep Modern Beauty Box (there are 5 boxes to choose from). Modern Beauty isn't a nail polish box...instead you get 2 full-sized Julep beauty products. They can be anything from skincare to makeup, or a combination of the two. There have been one or two months where I decided to go with one of the other boxes if the beauty products didn't interest me, or if one of the nail polish boxes was so amazing, I just had to have it.  Some boxes come with 1 beauty product and 2 nail polishes, so those are a great combination of the two.

For May, the Modern Beauty Box contains a duo eyeshadow palette called Feels Like Velvet and a full-coverage lip crayon with a moisturizing treatment core in the middle called It's Balm.
Here are the shades they chose for me...plus I decided to add on a nail polish I liked from one of the other boxes (it's free using my Jules, or points). Each month, you get 300 Jules to spend and 1 nail polish costs 600 Jules.  That means every other month I can add on a nail polish for free!


One of the best parts about Julep is that they let you choose your colors. I wasn't crazy about the eyeshadow shades they picked for me because I don't think I'd wear that peachy shade, so I chose a different one...


You can also click "Try a New Style" and try a different box altogether. Here's what's in the other 4 May 2015 boxes: 

Boho Glam- 2 Nail Polishes and 1 Beauty Product:

Bombshell- 2 Nail Polishes and 1 Beauty Product:


Classic With A Twist- 2 Nail Polishes and 1 Beauty Product

It Girl- 3 Nail Polishes:

Each box costs $24.99 if you pay by the month, but if you sign up for a 3 month subscription, it's $19.99 a month. It's become my favorite subscription box and has never let me down.  I love the fact that it's so customizable, you can get free add-ons, and you're getting full sized products every time.

If you're thinking about signing up, here's a free gift that you'll receive with your subscription...it contains 3 nail polishes ($14.50 each) and one lip gloss ($16) in gorgeous summer colors...a $60 value:
Julep Beauty Inc.

3 comments

  1. I too just cancelled my Ipsy subscription for the same reason! I did it in favor of Glossybox though. I had the Julep box for about 10 months, but the formula was just so inconsistent for me (I would get maybe one good formula to 5 bottles of polish that would chip the next morning!) that I finally gave up and cancelled. Too bad - they have great colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thea! I also tried Glossybox for a few months...I lover it but it was more expensive and I had so many at the time. I might try them again...I got some great products in that subscription.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it definitey is pricier! They usually have at least one full sized product in there that makes is totally worth it for me though (like full size Tarte & Lip Tar products for example), and 2-3 products I really like. I think so far maybe four or five products in all I haven't been interested in, and those make great gift box items for friends' birthdays :-). So far I've been happy - I just hope they don't become disappointing like some subscription box services I've used in the past.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig