IT Cosmetics Tightline Mascara Primer Review and Swatches

IT Cosmetics Tightline Full Lash Length 3-in-1 Eyeliner, Primer, and Mascara ($24 at Ulta) is a mascara I've been dying to try ever since I saw it demo'd on QVC. If you're a klutz at drawing on eyeliner like I am, or just want to save yourself some time in the morning, you're definitely going to want to read this review! Let's take a closer look...
IT cosmetics tightline mascara review
I purchased this on a recent trip to Ulta and I actually bought the mini size ($10) to try it out before I went for the full size (I love when companies make minis!). Tightline is different than other mascaras because it's your eyeliner, black lash primer, and mascara in one! It also contains peptides, proteins, biotin, jojoba, and green tea to nourish and protect your lashes.  It's also paraben-free, fragrance-free, sulfate-free and phthalate-free so it's perfect for even the most sensitive eyes.
IT cosmetics tightline mascara review

So you're probably wondering how the heck a mascara can double as an eyeliner? The secret is in the super skinny spoolie brush.  It gets right down to the base of your lashes and deposits pigment between your lashes and right at the lash line, giving the effect of eyeliner! It also coats each lash from root to tip...most mascaras can't get all the way into the roots because the brushes are too big.
All you have to do is press the brush right into your lash line and wiggle it back and forth as you sweep it up through your lashes from root to tip.
Keep reading to see my before and afters!


IT cosmetics tightline mascara brush
Tightline Brush
Here, I compared Tightline to Benefit's They're Real so you can see the difference in the brush size. The Benefit brush looks huge next to Tightline.
IT cosmetics tightline mascara
Left: It Cosmetics Tightline, Right: Benefit They're Real
Here are my before and afters...in this first photo, I'm not wearing any eye makeup at all.
Before
And here, the only thing I have on is It Cosmetics Tightline mascara on my top and bottom lashes. See how it darkens the base of my lashes, almost like I'm wearing eyeliner?  Pretty cool, huh?
IT cosmetics tightline mascara review

Here's a full face shot so you can see the effect from further away.  As a busy Mom of a toddler, this mascara is genius because I'm often applying my makeup in a hurry and even if I don't wear eyeshadow, I feel more put together if I have eyeliner and mascara.  This mascara makes that possible in one step! 
While this can be used as a mascara, it's best used underneath your favorite mascara as a primer. I find that it gives my lashes an extra boost and also keeps my mascara on all day with no smudges!

Overall, this is one of those holy grail products I can't live without now that I've discovered it.  Not only is it a timesaver, but it's also perfect for me because I rarely draw my eyeliner on straight...this does the work for me and makes it look flawless too.  I should also mention that this didn't flake on me at all, and lasted all day.
You can purchase Tightline Full Lash Length 3-in-1 Eyeliner, Primer, and Mascara at Ulta.com. It also comes in Waterproof!

12 comments

  1. Your lashes look beautiful! I am in love with the tightlined look on myself but always, without fail, manage to poke one or both eyes. I also can't seem to put it where I want it. I am a hot mess! I am definitely intrigued by this. Thanks once again for being an enabler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I'm also challenged when it comes to tightlining so this makes it easy! :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds interesting and the results look great! I've been using Etude House's Drawing Show Dot Liner to tightline my eyes. It's a felt liner pen with a three-pronged tip; I just stick the points between my lashes and wiggle, and repeat. It's made tightlining go from something I never do to part of my everyday, in a rush, minimal makeup routine. This looks like it's even faster to do, so I'll have to give it a try. The small brush also looks like it would be good for applying mascara to lower lashes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, the Etude one sounds interesting...I'll have to try that one!

      Delete
  3. How does this compare to the other skinny wand mascara that are available? I know NYX and Clinique each have one. Would they also create the same effect, in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, I've never tried either of those, so i cant personally compare them but the Clinique one is meant for bottom lashes and the brush is very short so it would probably take a lot longer to apply on top. The NYX brush looks similar to Tightline but Tightline is technically a primer with a lot of good ingredients that I talked about above so I would say thats the biggest point of difference. Even if the others were able to create a liner effect they don't prime and protect the lashes as far as I know. So it all depends on what you're looking for.

      Delete
  4. Hi there! Longtime lurker finally coming out today to say how much I've enjoyed reading your blog, especially the past several months. All of your hard work definitely pays off - I love how you feature both budget-friendly dupes of higher-end products and more luxury items too. I mean, my whole Makeup Revolution addiction was inspired by your posts! :)

    Just a quick question: How do you find time to apply makeup with a toddler around? I also have a very active 1.5 year old and I find that I get too distracted or even sweaty to do a decent job of applying makeup when I'm with him (I live in a year-round hot and humid climate though). Any recommendations for how to pull it off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, aww thank you SO much! :) That really means a lot. I have to admit...I don't wear makeup every day. It's really hard to find the time when you're caring for a toddler...I always feel bad bringing him into the bathroom with me and making him stand there while I apply it. He could care less if I wore makeup, he just wants to play, haha. So my trick is the car. I have his favorite videos on my Samsung tablet (Elmo!) and I got a tablet holder that straps around the front headrest with velcro from Amazon. When we're going out somewhere, I apply my makeup either in the driveway, or the parking lot of the place I'm going. Henry is happy to sit there for a few minutes with his videos and he can't run away! I keep a Makeup bag in my purse with everything I'll need and just rotate products out when I need to. But if we're not going anywhere...I don't wear any!

      Delete
    2. I meant to add, that's why the majority of my photos are from the car! :)

      Delete
  5. Soooo..I love you re blog but my hubby doesn't because every night at dinner I talk about things I want to buy (I have a list about a mile long) and he asks me did you see it on that blog you're always reading?? Hehehe yup! This is the latest addition to my wishlist. The only thing I own from IT is their Celebration foundation. A friend of mine at work who always looks flawless introduced me to it. You should review that next, it's so good. So anyways I'm anxious to try this because it looks great on you And I'm horrible at applying liner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish this had worked as well for me. I tried the wp version and it flaked and pulled the curl out of my lashes completely :( which are the main reasons I use wp in the first place. I adore so many of their other items though that they're allowed a dud once in awhile lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the waterproof version of Tightline but I never like what they do to my lashes anyway. I've tried so many waterproof mascaras because I'm always getting smudges under my eyes but for some reason they all make my lashes hard, crunchy and stiff. So I just stick to the regular formulas all the time, and luckily I have found a few that don't smudge! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig