Profusion Bare Palette Review and Swatches

I spotted the Profusion Bare Palette ($5) at my local 5 Below store the other day.  They had a large makeup section with bunch of different eyeshadow palettes from Profusion, including a smoky palette and a neon one too. At only 5 bucks, how could I not pick one up to review and swatch for you guys!?  Let's take a look...

The Bare Palette comes in a cardboard case with a magnetic closure.
profusion bare palette swatches

Inside, there are ten eyeshadows and a mirror on the inside cover. They also include a black eyeliner pencil and a double-ended sponge tip applicator. I figured that the eyeliner wouldn't be that great...it's just a standard wooden pencil-style, but it's actually smooth, creamy and pigmented.
profusion bare palette swatches

This eyeshadow palette has a nice range of shades, including four matte and 6 shimmers. There's a mix of browns/taupes and purples in here that go from cool to warm, so it's a really versatile palette!


profusion bare palette swatches

The first five were brown and taupe shades.  The first two were matte and very light, to the point where they barely showed up on my skin. The good news is, the other three shades were super buttery and highly pigmented! I was really surprised by the quality...they had an effortless application with little fallout. The third and fourth shades are warm brown and bronze, while the fifth shade is a cooler taupe.
profusion bare palette swatches

Shades six through ten are beautiful rosy nudes.  Six is a cool white matte that wasn't great as far as pigmentation goes, while seven and eight are a warm pink and rose. Shade nine is a cool mauve matte, and shade number ten is a cool dark gray with a hint of purple.
profusion bare palette swatches
profusion bare palette swatches

Overall, there were only three shades that were really lacking in pigmentation...numbers one, two and six.  They were the lightest shades and all mattes. The rest of this palette is absolutely beautiful and the quality is wonderful, especially considering this entire palette cost $5. This is a cheap thrill that I highly recommend you pick up if you live near a 5 Below store!
What do you guys think of the Profusion Bare palette? Let me know in the comments if you'd like me to review and swatch more of these...they have several varieties. Also, if anyone has seen these in other stores, feel free to leave a comment below!

7 comments

  1. Awwww man! I went to my first 5 Below a few weeks ago and wanted to buy this exact one! But I couldn't find any that weren't all broken and smashed. Now I'm really disappointed. Thanks again for reviewing " non mainstream" products that don't cost a fortune and we all wonder about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marisa! Thanks, I appreciate that! I had a hard time finding a non-broken one too. That's a bummer!

      Delete
  2. I have several Profusion palettes. I think they are an underrated and overlooked brand. (Including by me.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Rachel! I tried some of their holiday palettes from Walgreens this past winter and I was impressed! Plus, their Feline Lip cremes I found in the dollar bins at Walgreens were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Feline Lip Cremes. I'll have to keep an eye out. I got a bunch of the eye palettes at the Dollar Tree a few months ago. They perform better than some of my high-end stuff, no joke.

      Delete
  4. I call Profusion "the best brand no one has ever heard of". Cruelty free and you can't beat the price point for the quality. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly! I'm starting to realize that...I can't wait to try more! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig