Colourpop Super Shock Cheek Review and Swatches- Mochi, Prenup, Holiday

A few weeks ago, I reviewed and posted swatches of my first Colourpop haul that included the Super Shock Cheek blush in Between the Sheets (see that here).  I was so impressed that I had to order more shades.  Between the sheets was a subtle beige pink that looked really pretty on my fair skin but I decided with warmer weather on the way (hopefully soon!) I wanted some brighter pops of color to get me in the mood for Spring. 
Holiday, Prenup, Mochi
Just a quick recap on these if you didn't see my previous review...they're $8 each and are a cream-to-powder formula that has an almost bouncy/springy texture (kind of like Play-doh).  They're also super long lasting-they last all day with no fading. To me, that's huge because most blushes, even ones that claim to be long-lasting end up fading before the day is over.  These don't even claim to be long-wearing but they're the best blush I've ever used in terms of staying power...go figure!



Mochi is a bright blue-pink in a matte finish.  You would think that this would be super bright, but it's sooo pretty on your cheeks! Since I have cool pink undertones, I absolutely love cooler shades like this.

Holiday is a true mid-tone peachy pink in a matte finish. I heard somewhere once that peachy pinks are a universally flattering shade for all skin tones.  I'm not sure if that's true, but I love this color on me...it's really fresh and pretty.
Prenup is a mid-tone plum pink in a satin finish. It's one of the prettiest blush colors I've ever seen...it's really hard to find this type of mauve-y shade. The cool tones look great with my fair skin too.

I swatched these without blending so you can see the colors, but they're not this intense once they're blended on your cheeks! 
Mochi, Prenup, Holiday
Below, you can see what they look like once you start using them...I always hate to "ruin" them by dipping my fingers in, haha. I admit, I'm a little OCD when it comes to my cosmetics so now I feel like it looks messy.  Still, I thought this picture really shows what the texture is like.  You can see that it looks kind of spongy and playdough-like. 


Overall, these blushes are what I'll be wearing every day through the end of the summer! I almost don't even want to look at my other blushes, these are so pretty.  Now the only problem I have is which one to wear...when I look at them, I want to wear them all!


No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig