Wet N Wild Fergie Centerstage Photo Focus Eyeshadow Palette Camouflage Couture Review and Swatches

The Spring 2015 Wet N Wild Fergie Centerstage collection has really wowed me so far, from the amazingly pigmented 10-shade Photo Focus palette, to the Nars-style Around the Clock blushes, and the fabulous Come Correct Celebrity Concealer, so I wanted to grab as many of the new releases as I could because they've been really hard to find. 
I've been looking for the 5-shadow Photo Focus palette in Camouflage Couture for a few weeks now, and finally one of the Walgreens near me started stocking it (in the Wet N Wild section with the other Photo Focus palettes, not in the front with the new stuff so I almost missed it). It contains gorgeous green shades with one gold shade in the center.  Let's take a look! 
This palette claims to have intensely-pigmented eyeshadows that are jet-milled and are supposed to deliver all-day crease-resistant wear. This collection contains two shimmers, two mattes and one glittery shade in the center.
The compact is the same as the original 5-color Photo Focus palettes...black with a window on top, no mirror and a small sponge-tipped applicator.




This is the first 5-color Photo Focus palette I've tried from Fergie and I was a bit disappointed in the pigmentation of some of the shades in this one.  I don't know if they're all like this, but I had high expectations because the 10-shade Photo Focus palette I reviewed a few weeks ago had amazing pigmentation.  This one just didn't deliver the same results for me.  The top two shimmer shades were a little tricky to pick up with tons of fallout.  The gold glitter shade in the center was also hard to pick up and it took several swatches to get it to show up in the photo below.  The matte shades actually had pretty good pigmentation, so they saved this palette for me.  
I love green eyeshadows and they're not easy to find, especially all in one palette! Since I haven't tried the other 5-shade Photo Focus palettes, I'm not sure how this one compares to those, but when I hold it up against the 10-shade Photo Focus I have, it's just not as impressive.
Overall, these shadows are nice and soft, and I plan on using the matte shades often!  I wish that the shimmers weren't so messy to apply, but they're pretty nonetheless so if you're looking for some green shadows, this is still a good deal for $5.  They might do well over an eyeshadow primer, so that's always an option as well.
Have you seen this at your local Walgreens lately? This is actually on the Walgreens website, so you can check and see if it's at your local store!

5 comments

  1. You're right it's bizarre that there is all green shades in one palette. I think I'll pass on this one since I reach for the shimmery shades the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some gorgeous olive greens and bronze golds, try Sephora's Wild Khaki Palette. It's $ 25 but you get 5 shadows ( matte, glitter, shimmer, duo chrome, and frost), a mirror, and applicator. Green shadow kits are really hard to find, and this one is a really under-rated gem. (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! I've been on the hunt for a good green eyeshadow kit for a while. I'll definitely check that one out! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh no, just noticed it's no longer on Sephora's website :( I just saw it a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to run to Sephora store and see if I can buy a backup! (Katherine T.)

      Delete
  3. I have this pallet and love it. I always use shadow primer though so my experience with it may be different than yours. The gold in the center is what sold me. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig