Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Palette Review and Swatches

Tarte's new Tartelette Palette ($44, Sephora) is a brand new matte eyeshadow palette for Spring 2015 and I'm so happy that I finally got my hands on one! Let's take a look...
First of all, can we talk about the packaging? Purple and shiny gold...gorgeousness! It's about the thickness of a CD case but a little smaller lengthwise. It has a full sized mirror on the inside lid, which is great if you're using this on the go, and the case feels very sturdy overall and snaps closed tightly. It's sleek, yet feminine and pretty- I love it!
It came with a card that has detailed instructions on how to create a Day Time look and a Play Time look using the shades in the pallette. I followed the Day Time look and it was easy to create and looked really good!


Ok, so I'm really psyched to finally have an all matte palette! I mean, I love my Naked Palettes and Chocolate palettes, etc. but I'm in my mid-thirties now...lately I find myself using less and less shimmer shadows (and pretty much no glitter), so mattes are what I gravitate toward for my everyday looks. This gives me a lot of different options to choose from on a daily basis without getting bored with the same one or two go-to shades, because this entire palette is full of go-to shades!
At first glance I knew I was going to love this palette. It's designed so that you can use each row across to complete an eye look. It has your highlight, lid, inner crease, and outer V shades that coordinate perfectly with each other.
It has a wonderful mix of neutrals...creams, browns, taupes, purples, and black. You don't have to follow the rows either, they can all be mixed and matched in endless combinations!
Each shade name is meant to celebrate, inspire and empower women.  I can relate to a lot of the names (as I'm sure most of you can) and see a little of each in myself (and sometimes a lot...hello Multi-tasker, Caregiver, and Dreamer!).
I swatched all of the shades over Wet N Wild's new Coverall Primer (which is actually a face primer but I had to cover large sections of my arm, haha). When I first touched these shadows at Sephora when this first came out, I didn't buy this because they felt dry and powdery. But I'm glad I finally did because they are way more pigmented, smooth, and easy to work with than your average matte eyeshadows (which can be chalky and streaky). 
These don't have that soft, buttery feeling of let's say, an Urban Decay eyeshadow, but they pack just as much punch pigment-wise and really surprised me in a good way.

Here, each shade was swatched 2-3 times to build the color and as you can see, they are really pigmented. They are a little bit powdery with some fallout when you dip the brush into them, but they're not crumbly...the powder that comes up is very fine and light so I didn't find it to be annoying. These have a really long wear-time...without primer, these lasted a solid 8 hours on me without too much fading. 
Free Spirit (Cream), Force of Nature (Nude), Dreamer (Warm Brown), Multitasker (Chocolate)

Caregiver (Pale Pink), Natural Beauty (Mauve), Best Friend (Mulberry), Bombshell (Dark Plum).
Super Mom (Ivory), Wanderer (Light Brown), Power Player(Taupe), Fashionista (Black)
Overall, I can safely say that this is my favorite palette of the moment! It's just so wearable that I can see myself using this every day for a very long time (I already have been since I got it). It may not be filled with the most exciting or interesting colors, but it's something that everyone should have in their makeup arsenal, regardless because it'll definitely get a ton of use given how versatile it is. If you're on a budget and are looking for a splurge item, this is definitely a solid choice! It's one of those items that'll get so much use you don't have to feel guilty about spending the money on it (and if you don't like it, Sephora has a great return policy!).
So what do you think?  Have you tried the Tartelette Palette yet, or if not, do you think you will?

3 comments

  1. I have to get this one-all the shades are ones I would use every day, and enough dark shades to go smokey!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig