Profusion Feline Lip Luster Review and Swatches

A few weeks ago, I reviewed the Profusion Cosmetics Luxy Lips, which are super-pigmented liquid lipstick/gloss hybrids that come in squeeze tubes, but I found them to be a little bit messy and hard to apply.  Well, enter Profusion Feline Lip Lusters ($1 each)...I found these at Walgreens and they're just as pigmented but much easier to work with. Let's take a look...
First of all, these tubes are super cute with the leopard print caps and cat-themed names. They come in six shades on the Profusion Website. I was only able to find four shades at Walgreens though.
The formula is very similar to the Luxy Lips...it's somewhere between a gloss and a liquid lipstick, but these feel a little different, almost like a mousse.  They're super soft and the texture reminds me of NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams...except these aren't matte (at least at first, they end up looking matte once the shine wears away).  They come with a long sponge applicator which makes these very easy to apply.  You can get the majority of your lips with one swipe of the flat side, then you can use the edge or the tip to get the around the edges neatly.

They go on opaque and super pigmented, especially three of the four shades, Lick Me (pink), Cheshire (purple), and Meow (red).  The deep burgundy shade, Prowl had a little sheerness to it, and you can see in the swatch picture below that you can see my skin through it in certain spots.  Prowl actually reminded me of Clinique's Black Honey shade a little bit and I didn't mind the sheerness because it's so dark it kept it from looking severe.
Lick Me, Cheshire, Meow, Prowl
Here they are on my lips:
Lick Me

Meow

Cheshire

Prowl
Overall, these are absolutely amazing lip products and especially for only $1. They felt comfortable on my lips with their soft, mousse-like texture and they lasted several hours and stained my lips for most of the day.  If you can find them at your local Walgreens, I wouldn't hesitate to pick a few up!
Or you can grab all six at Profusion Cosmetics.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig