NYX Intense Butter Gloss Review and Swatches

NYX Intense Butter Gloss ($5.99 at Ulta) is a new Spring 2015 release and it's a pumped-up version of their original butter gloss with tons more pigmentation!  I got mine at Ulta.com and right now, they're having a BOGO 50% off on these, so if you're interested, you may want to pick these up before they sell out (which NYX products tend to do). I picked up four of the twelve available shades to try and I tried to get a range of tones.
Tres Leches, Sorbet, Napoleon, Funnel Delight
This is one swipe of the applicator!  These have a liquid lipstick-like intensity, but with the same Butter Gloss feel and shine you know and love! They also have the same sweet vanilla-like flavor.
Tres Leches, Sorbet, Napoleon, Funnel Delight
The applicator is a long flat style that makes application easy and quick because it covers a large surface area.



Tres Leches is my favorite shade of the bunch.  It's a super wearable, pinky brown that I know I'll wear all the time.  It's that classic MLBB shade for me!
Tres Leches
Tres Leches
Sorbet was the only shade that disappointed me.  It's a pinky peach shade that's pretty but on me, it looked strange as an opaque color.  I'd probably like it better in a sheer formula. It also was the only shade out of the four that applied patchy and streaky and it settled into my lip lines.  I had to put forth a lot of effort to get it to look good, while the others were just basically swipe and go.
Sorbet

Sorbet
Napoleon is a bright coral pink and I think it'll make a great summertime shade if I'm brave enough to pull it off!
Napoleon

Napoleon
Funnel Delight is a beautiful fuchsia pink that I love because it has more of a blue base than orange or coral.  When it comes to brights, I prefer blue-based shades with my fair skin, so I would definitely wear this one when I'm in the mood to wear a bold shade.
Funnel Delight
Funnel Delight

Overall, if you like NYX Butter Gloss but were craving more pigment, you'll absolutely love these! They definitely have more staying power than the originals, but keep in mind they're still a gloss so while you'll get a few more hours of wear, they're not a long-wearing, all-day kind of a lip product. Although I will say, they did stain my lips somewhat (Funnel Delight the most), so some color will stick around long after the glossiness wears off.
If you're interested in these, definitely head over to Ulta.com and pick up a few while they're still BOGO!

2 comments

  1. Have to get my hands on some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh these look really nice. I only have one of the original butter glosses, but I love it. Definately going to check these out soon.

    Loevens makeup rambles

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig