Makeup Revolution Ultra Velour Lip Cream Review

Makeup Revolution Ultra Velour Lip Cream ($4.74) is a new lip formula from my favorite UK makeup brand. It reminds me of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams or the Rimmel Show Off Matte Lip Velvets, but these are different in their own way. Let's take a look!
There are 10 shades of the Ultra Velour Lip Cream, but my last Makeup Revolution haul was so big, I only had room in the budget for 1 of these.  I chose "Not One For Playing Games" which looks quite purple in the tube, but goes on semi sheer so it's actually really pretty!
It comes with a standard doe-foot applicator and goes on super smooth and velvety, again similar to the feeling of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams or the Rimmel Show Off Mattes.  The difference here, is that the two I mentioned are opaque at first swipe, while this one is a bit sheer at first until you build up a second coat.  I actually like it because it's a bit more versatile...sometimes I prefer a sheerer wash of color. It has a vanilla cream scent that I happen to love, but if you're sensitive to fragrances you might find it to be too much for you.



Here, I built it up with two coats. It looks a little glossy upon application, but settles into a semi-matte finish after a few minutes. It never gets completely matte, but it also never feels dry. It felt comfortable the entire time I had it on, which was about 3 hours or so. Unfortunately, the wear time on this wasn't super long...maybe a bit longer than a gloss, but not as long wearing as the matte versions from NYX and Rimmel.
I'm really loving this shade though! I'm usually more of a nude lipstick kinda girl, but this is subtle enough, while still giving a pop of color.
I really want to try more of the shades now! What do you think? Have you tried these yet, or are you thinking about a Makeup Revolution haul in the near future?
To order, please visit Makeup Revolution here. If you're in the US, be sure to change the currency to see the prices in dollars.

4 comments

  1. You look beautiful and your skin is flawless 👌

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanna say u are gorgeous and that color looks amaaazing on you with your coloring. I've been procrastinating ordering a Makeup Rev haul but now I'm inspired to, and I'm including this color. Thanks so much! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Sooly and Jillian! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That color looks gorgeous on you! Very fresh and plays up your eyes (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig