Product I'm Using Now: The Body Shop Coconut Beautifying Oil

As I was getting ready for bed tonight, I decided to moisturize my skin with one of my tried and true favorites, The Body Shop Coconut Beautifying Oil, and it got me thinking that I should be sharing these favorite products with you!
I originally bought this because of the scent. I love anything coconut scented and this one is especially delicious because it's a pure, sweet, nutty coconut...not suntan lotion or Pina Colada like a lot of other coconut scented products are. I tried some in the store (this was 4 or 5 years ago), then walked around the mall for a while and couldn't stop sniffing my arm. So I went back and bought it and have continued to buy it ever since.
It's a very fast-absorbing dry oil and it contains Fair Trade Organic Virgin Coconut oil, plus Sweet Almond, Marula, and Kukui oils.
You can use it on your skin and hair but I've only used it on my skin, both when I get out of the shower in the morning and at night before bed. When I was pregnant with my son two years ago, I faithfully applied it to my belly twice a day and I didn't get one stretch mark! Granted, I can't be sure it was because of this oil...I may have just been lucky. But I have a feeling this had at least a little to do with that. :)
If you're not into Coconut scents, the Body Shop also makes this oil in many different scents: Shea, Cocoa Butter, Moringa, Olive, Strawberry, Mango, Pink Grapefruit andSatsuma.
Now through tomorrow (1/28/15) the Body Shop is actually offering 50% off Bath and Body, so these oils are only $7 instead of $14. It's a great time to try one if you're thinking about it! I just ordered another bottle...I'm obsessed. The Shea Oil is also a favorite of mine...it's a sweet, subtle nutty scent that's warm yet still fresh and clean smelling. 
Have you tried these, or do you have a favorite body moisturizer that you use? I'd love to hear about it! 

The Body Shop

1 comment

  1. I'm a lover of all things coconut so I'll be trying this. It sounds great! I've been following you for a while and this is my first time commenting. I just want to say, I love posts like this. Besides reviews, it's great to know what products you've been using for a while and feel are tried and true.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig