L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss Review and Swatches

A few days ago, I asked for your help in trying to figure out what to review next and the top two products by far have been the L'oreal Pro Matte Gloss and Foundation. I'll continue to work off the list so if you haven't voted yet, there's still time! (Click here to vote for what I should review next!)

I first spotted these at Rite Aid, and they were around $7.99 I believe.  They only come in 6 shades and the display said they were limited edition.  Here are the shades below (sorry for the fuzzy picture).  I purchased the first shade on the left, called Blushing Ambition 514, and the last shade on the right called Nude Allude 517.

When I first saw these, I thought the name was ridiculous...a matte gloss?  It's a total oxymoron- how can a gloss be matte?  How can matte lip color be glossy?  But I soon figured out that it's a little of both (I'll explain further below).


These come in tubes that look a lot like the other Infallible Lip Glosses and they have a really wide flocked applicator that I absolutely love! It's wide at the base to deposit the most color in one swipe and then the pointy end is great for detailing around the cupids bow or in the corners of your mouth.
Blushing Ambition

Nude Allude
Here they are swatched on my arm...all I can say is wow!  This is one swipe of each...the pigmentation on these is incredible.  They're full coverage without having to build up multiple coats. They feel really soft and velvety going on and remind me a lot of the NYX Soft Lip Creams or the Rimmel Show Off Lip Velvets (see my review here).  But the difference with these is that they have a bit of shine to them when first swiped, while the others go on matte right away.
loreal pro matte gloss blushing ambition nude allude
Blushing Ambition, Nude Allude
After about 15-20 minutes, these sort of dry down and turn into a matte liquid lipstick.  So that's what I meant above when I said they are both a gloss and a matte lip color (although they are really a matte liquid lipstick in my book).
Here's what they looked like when first applied, and then I took another photo after about a half an hour.
Blushing Ambition is a candy-pink shade:
Blushing Ambition- First Applied

loreal pro matte gloss Blushing ambition
Blushing Ambition- Half an Hour Later

Nude Allude is almost a brick red shade:
Nude Allude- First Applied

loreal pro matte nude allude
Nude Allude- Half an Hour Later

Here they are on me...please forgive the no-foundation look I have going on today.  Literally just mascara and lipstick.

Blushing Ambition
Nude Allude

Overall, I'm absolutely loving this formula...I'm sad that it's limited edition (I actually want more shades)! There weren't really any good nude or subtle picks, all of the shades were pretty bold so I'd love to see some more light shades.
It felt great on my dry lips all day and my only slight complaint is that after a few hours it does tend to sink into little lip lines just a little bit if you have them (I have quite a few these days). But other than that, the pigmentation is awesome, the wear time was about 5.5-6 hours on me and it made my lips feel so smooth, even a few hours later when I pressed my lips together.  These were definitely a win for me!
Have you tried these yet?  I'd love to hear what you think!

3 comments

  1. Wow, the pigmentation looks great. Thanks for the review, I was curious about these. I like Allude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they have any sort of scent to them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do...it's that perfumey scent L'oreal uses in a lot of their lip products. There's no taste to it and it's a bit more subtle with these than it is in their lipsticks for example, but it's still there.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig