YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil Review and Swatches in I Rose You 4

YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil  ($32) is new for Spring 2015 and I purchased it from Sephora a few weeks ago during my birthday haul.  I don't make a habit of spending $32 on lip products, but I love the idea of a tinted lip oil because oils are so moisturizing on dry lips...they just seal hydration in without evaporating and have a melty texture that feels so soothing.  I've been loving my Yes to Coconuts Cooling Lip Oil (see my review here) but that doesn't have color so I generally only wear it at night. So until the drugstores decide to come out with tinted oils, I'm stuck shelling out the big bucks if I want one with color. 
Like all YSL products, the packaging is definitely luxurious.  The silver tube has a pretty pink band around the middle with the YSL logo stamped into it and the tube itself feels really heavy and substantial.
Currently, there are 8 shades but I heard that they will be releasing more in early 2015.  I chose the shade I Rose You which is a light pink.  I'll post photos of the other shades below.



The applicator is a soft, plush diamond-shaped design that YSL uses for some of their other lip products, and it's pretty wide so you can cover your lips with one swipe on the top and one on the bottom.  I prefer this to the standard doe-foot applicator that's smaller and takes several passes to fully apply the product.
Description:
Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Tint-in-Oil is a revolutionary lip color with a lip tint suspended in a deep conditioning oil. Infused with a blend of four essential oils for deep hydration—including apricot kernel oil, coriander fruit oil, jojoba seed oil and passiflora edulis seed oil—the lightweight color melts onto your lips while enveloping them in full, non-sticky color. Its exclusive applicator envelops your lips fully, allowing for precise and uniform application. Your lips are left with their natural beauty enhanced and drenched in luminous shine.
This formula contains Apricot Kernel Oil, Coriander Fruit Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, and Possiflora Edulis Seed Oil and feels amazing on your lips!  I noticed when reading the reviews on Sephora's website that a lot of people complained that this shade (I Rose You) had no color to it and that it was almost clear, but if you wait a few minutes, the color deepens after being in contact with your skin.  This particular shade is one of the lightest in the range, and in the photos below, you can see when I first swatched it and then after about 60 seconds it got a little pinker.
Just swatched

ysl volupte tint-in-oil i rose you
After 1 minute


I have somewhat pale lips without much color to them naturally, so lighter colors show up pretty well on me.  If you're looking for a deeper color though, there are a few in this range...just keep in mind, these are lip tints so they aren't going to be super pigmented.  They're intended to give just a sheer wash of color.
This formula has a fruity scent, sort of like watermelon candy which I happen to like, but if you're not a fan of scented lip products I wanted to put that out there. The oil is so smooth, non-sticky and very hydrating.  It looks super glossy upon application, but like other glosses this fades after about an hour or so especially if you're eating and drinking.  I was pleasantly surprised that the color stuck around for several hours, so the pigments seem to stain your lips a bit.
Before
ysl volupte tint-in-oil I rose you
After


Overall, I am obsessed with this lip oil and I'm seriously thinking about getting it in more shades but I want to wait until the rest come out before I buy any more.  I usually don't wear color on my lips when I'm just bumming around home, but this is so super hydrating and makes my lips feel amazing that I've been wearing it 24/7! This is one of those products I don't mind splurging on because it's just that fantastic. I'm hoping that maybe L'Oreal will make their own version soon because they own YSL and typically release dupes a few months later (remember the Glossy Stains?).

Here are the 8 shades currently available:
Undress Me, I Rose You, Cherry My Cherie, Peach Me Love
Pink About Me, Oh My Gold, Drive Me Copper, Crush Me Orange


To order, or see more reviews, please visit Nordstrom or Sephora.

3 comments

  1. That looks pretty, but won't show up on my lips. I wish they would come out with more pigmented shades, and with SPF 15, to help protect my lips even more. Without SPF15, my lips burn and crack very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard from other bloggers that the shade Cherry my Cherie is more pigmented so maybe that one would work for you. They are supposed to come out with more shades in the new year so fingers crossed for you!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig