Sephora and Pantone Marsala Collection-Color of the Year 2015

A few weeks ago, Pantone announced the Color of the Year for 2015- Marsala.  This warm, earthy red-brown shade is going to be popping up in cosmetics everywhere (just like Radiant Orchid last year), and Sephora has just released their own collection of Marsala makeup and accessories.  Take a look!


This vitamin-enriched mascara boosts length and curl with every layer, delivering a dramatic effect with bold color payoff. It is formulated with a combination of synthetic and natural waxes to create flexible and buildable coverage and keep lashes from breaking. The formula utilizes the natural properties of jojoba oil to keep lashes silky, but is versatile enough to be used on brows as well. 


This light and easy-to-use cooling stick provides Immediate skin relief and de-puffs with caffeine, providing an instant soothing effect. It is slightly pigmented to add a hint of Marsala to cheeks for highlighting or contouring. The coconut oil-based stick allows for quick application and provides light moisturizing for dry or irritated skin. 


This travel-size eye shadow palette features 24 shades that complement Marsala, the Color of the Year for 2015, plus four Marsala shadows with different finishes—matte, glitter, pearl, and shimmer. Use it to create five different Marsala-inspired looks or your own endless combinations. This palette was inspired by the beloved Holiday 2012 Pantone Metallic Palette. 

These chubby cream lip pencils soften, plump, and create dimension in the lips while adding shine and retaining a natural nude look. All shades complement Marsala, the Sephora+Pantone Color of the Year for 2015. The creamy, hydrating formula contains hyaluronic filling spheres for plumping, as well as resveratrol, an antioxidant derived from red wine grapes. These actives provide hydration and long-term antiaging benefits.

This limited-edition Marsala eyeliner was designed to enhance the lashline with bold color and an intense payoff. The soft, flexible brush provides ease of application, and the long-wear formula ensures lasting performance. 

This satin finish moisturizing lipstick offers rich, matte color in a bold pop of neutral. Infused with resveratrol, an antiaging ingredient derived from red grapes, the creamy formula glides on and provides comfortable, all-day wear that rivals the lasting power of a lip stain. 

This limited-edition cheek set is a portable and perfect solution for adding a pop of color to everyday makeup and providing instant glow to cheek bones. The powders are created through a triple jet milled process that allows for intense color payoff and a velvety texure that leaves skin feeling luxurious, but never heavy. The uique blend of naturally derived oils and powders enhance the skin's overall appearance with a sophisticated shimmer for a radiant glow without glitter. 

This angled blush brush applies powder beautifully and makes contouring and highlighting effortless. It brightens and sculpts facial features in a single gesture, thanks to the slanted bristle design that easily hugs the contours of the face for even, precise application.

What do you think of the new Color of the Year?  I'm sure we'll see a lot more Marsala themed products coming out this Spring, but if you're looking to get a jump start on the trend, this Sephora collection has your name on it!

10 comments

  1. Do you think any of these products well be good for cool skin tones? I'm trying imagine but I'm not very good at it. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sephora is calling it a "new neutral" that looks good on all skin tones. It's a warm color but I have cool skin and I feel like I could probably pull it off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the eye palette, lip collection, and cheek trio but I haven't bought a single thing from any of the color of the year collections yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either but this year I just might! I wasn't crazy about the bright green from 2 years ago and last year's orchid was pretty but I was having trouble feeling like I could pull it off. This one is pretty neutral so I might have to get something. :)

      Delete
  4. Yuck yuck yuck yuck! Did I say yuck yet? This color is definitely a disappointment. No, I will NOT be jumping on the marsala colored bandwagon. I'll stick to the chicken, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the complete opposite of whomever Anonymous was. I really like the color.
    I'm confused about the cooling stick though, why am I trying to cool the contours of my face?? Is this more of a summer thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Erica! I agree, I like it too. I'm a natural makeup kinda gal for the most part so I love that it's wearable. Lol, I don't know why they made that a cooling stick. I'm not into cooling products in general...I don't get them.

      Delete
  6. One of everything, please! (Except I don't think I could pull off the mascara and eyeliner.) I'm a cool-->neutral redhead, and one thing I worry about is the color clashing with my hair. But, I think there's enough brown in it to tame it down. I would love to have the cheek palette, lipstick and chubby crayon. I really love this color. Also wondering if it complements green eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would look great on you based on your description. There's enough brown in it to make it more neutral and wearable, I think.

      Delete
  7. Is anyone else disappointed that Sephora/Pantone aren't offering their typical combination package that includes multiple Pantone COTY products in one package? Does anyone know if the layering sticks show up on tan/brown skin?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig