Physicians Formula Nude Wear Touch Of Glow Stick Review and Swatches

Physicians Formula Nude Wear Touch of Glow Stick ($12.95) is a new addition to the existing Nude Wear line for Spring 2015.  When I first saw it, I thought it was a highlighting stick, but it's supposed to be a Concealer, Foundation, Highlighter and Touch-up Tool in one. 
Description: 
Look perfected without looking made up! Lightweight, easy-to-use glide-on formula to help erase the appearance of imperfections and restore the glow of natural, naked skin instantly. Blends effortlessly to provide a long lasting natural finish. Concealer. Foundation. Highlighter. Touch Up tool. Chubby Propel/repel stick.

Like the other Nude Wear products, this comes in pretty rose gold with pink pebbled faux leather packaging.  The Touch of Glow Stick comes in a chubby, twist-up container that's capped off with a bow. I love how girly it is and it's totally one of those products I leave out to pretty-up my sink.



It only comes in one shade...Nude Glow, which is really weird for something that claims to be a foundation.  If it were just a highlighter, one shade would make sense, but I don't understand how one shade of foundation can fit everybody.
It's a little too dark for me, but it's very sheer so when I blend it out, it actually looks good and gives my fair skin a little warmth.  It's way too dark for me to use as a highlighter though, but not dark enough to use for contouring.
I love the formula as it's sheer, easy to blend and hides minor imperfections and redness, all while looking just like skin. It has a soft, satin finish and contains no shimmer or sparkle. It's not overly moisturizing, but it didn't cling to my dry spots or sink into fine lines, so I'd say this would work for most skin types.
I've been using it as a foundation and also for touch-ups.  It's so quick and easy to just take out this little tube and swipe it over areas you'd like to freshen up.  It's not enough to cover the darkness in my under-eye area or the redness around my nose so I still use a separate concealer along with this.
Overall, I love the soft, sheer formula of the Touch of Glow Stick, but I wish it came in more shades. One thing I'm confused on though, is how you could use this as a foundation, concealer and highlighter, because typically a highlighter is lighter than your foundation or concealer.  So lighter-skinned girls will probably be able to use this as a foundation/concealer, while those with darker skin might be able to use this as a highlighter but not as a foundation or concealer.
Have you seen this in stores yet?  What do you think, will you try it?

3 comments

  1. If it came in more shades, I would try it out.... but since it's just the one, it doesn't interest me as much. I wonder what the thought process behind it is. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also try it if it came in more shades. I'm not real into multi-taskers. I find they usually do one thing pretty well, and the other stuff is just meh. Thanks for the fabulous reviews of so many different products. Love the variety!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig