Revlon Photoready Kajal Matte Eye Pencil Review

A few weeks ago, I spotted some new Revlon products that had popped up at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (see them here).  One of them was the new PhotoReady Kajal Matte Eye Pencil.  It comes in four shades: Black, Charcoal, Lemon, and Marine.  Since I have a bunch of black eyeliners and can't see myself sporting yellow eyeliner (or turquoise this time of year) I chose the Charcoal one.
This eye pencil comes with a built-in smudger on the other side, and it claims to be "vibrant, matte color that lasts all day".



It comes in a regular pencil form, which is great for sharpening.  Twist ups are convenient, but it's hard to get a really sharp point with those, so I tend to prefer the kind you can sharpen.
The color is very flat and matte, which is definitely what it claims to be and I actually really liked the way it looked on my eyes, but my major issue with this pencil is that it isn't soft or easy to apply.  The formula felt very dry and there was quite a bit of tugging and dragging across my eyelid.  It could be because I have dry skin that this matte formula is too dry to apply smoothly.  I'd be interested to see how this applies to someone who has oily eyelids!
I didn't have any problems with this fading- it lasted all day, so that's definitely a plus!

Overall, I'm not jumping up and down over this one.  It may be because I'm used to using smoother pencils that glide easily, such as L'Oreal's Silkissime, but I'd just rather not have to press too hard or tug at my eye area. I did like the matte finish though, so if this works better on those with oily or normal skin, it might be a great option for fall!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig