NYX All Over Balm Review

All Over Balm is a new multipurpose product from NYX that comes in three formulas- Coconut Oil (revives), Argan Oil (fortifies), and Macadamia Nut Oil (soothes). I couldn't decide from their descriptions which one to choose, since I feel like these super hydrating oils would all revive, fortify and soothe the skin. So in the end, I chose the scent I thought I would like best, which was the coconut oil one, (coconut/vanilla butter). The Argan one has a lychee/vanilla butter scent, and the Macadamia Nut one has a honey/vanilla butter scent. 
All Over Balm comes in a cute tin that's much larger than your average lip balm tin- somewhere between that and a deck of cards.
For those of you who are looking for an all natural product, this isn't it, since it has mineral oil and petrolatum listed before the coconut oil on the ingredients list. I personally don't mind, but I wanted to share that in case you were wondering. The full ingredient list is below...click on the photo to enlarge.
The balm itself is white in color and is a soft balm, as opposed to those ones that can be waxy and difficult to pick up. I was able to press my finger lightly into the product and picked it up easily. The coconut scent is delicious- I couldn't stop smelling it! It's a rich, buttery coconut as opposed to a suntan-lotion coconut.

It has a melty texture that feels so good on the skin, however it leaves a bit of an oily feel on top of the skin for a while (like Vaseline would) so you probably wouldn't want to apply this all over your body. I used it on my lips and cuticles and it was amazing! My lips looked so smooth and lineless when I looked in the mirror an hour later, and my cuticles looked manicure-ready. The next night I applied it to my knees, elbows and feet (I put socks on to really help it sink in), and woke up to smoother skin! Below is a swatch on my arm.
At $3.90, this is a steal! Even if you only used it as a lip balm, it would last forever and the scent is to-die-for!
You can find All Over Balms at NYXcosmetics.com.

1 comment

  1. I know that this is an older post, but I just recently discovered these balms and purchased all 3. I use them on my T-Zone before bed, and when I wake up, my skin isn't dry at all. These are really great products!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig