Yes to Coconut Ultra Light Spray Body Lotion Review

Yes to Coconut is a new line from Yes to Carrots that's right up my alley- I'm a sucker for anything coconut scented.  It transports me back to carefree summer vacations and lying on the beach soaking up the sun (before I knew it was bad for me, pre-skin cancer, of course).  For the lowdown on the full Yes to Coconut line, check out my post here (if you've read it already I've added more products to it since the original posting), but this review is for the Ultra Light Spray Body Lotion. 

This lotion comes in a 10 oz bottle with a spray nozzle, similar to what you'd see in a hair product.  It has a locking mechanism on it, which is great for travel so it won't spray out all over your suitcase.


Since the bottle is curved, it's hard to capture a photo of the entire ingredients list and description, so I'll post them below.  This lotion contains virgin coconut oil and sunflower oil to give the skin a healthy dose of moisture.

The description on the Yes to Carrots website is:
A super light body lotion that sprays on evenly and leaves no greasy residue.This lotion has made applying lotion all over that gorgeous bod of yours? so easy! This super snazzy formula contains Virgin Coconut and super-light Jojoba Oils which penetrate the skin in a way that only few oils can. It's perfect for those with dry skin that require intense moisturize. Go on and spray on softness!
  • 97% Natural
  • Petroleum, SLS, & Paraben Free
  • Cruelty-free
Here's the full list of ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Morinda Citrifolia Fruit Extract, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Tamarindus Indica Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Trehalose, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyetyhanol, Fragrance. 
* Certified Organic Ingredient


The photo below is what it looks like right after it's sprayed onto the skin.  You can see that it's not a mist like some other spray lotions- it's thicker than that.  Yet you barely have to rub it in, it soaks in so quickly and disappears, leaving no residue or tackiness whatsoever.  It truly has an ultra-light feel, which is perfect for summer! 
Since it's not a heavy lotion, this wouldn't cut it for my dry skin in the winter, but it gives just the right amount of moisture in the summertime and I love the fact that you don't feel it sitting on top of your skin. 
As for the scent, well, if you're a coconut lover you're going to freak when you smell this- it's delicious!  It smells like a pina colada being served on a tropical beach under a palm tree.  I couldn't stop smelling my arm all day.

This lotion is something that I'll probably wear all summer and then switch to a heavier product come fall when my skin gets super dry.  For now, I'm loving it even though my husband hates the scent of coconut and last night he said that it's even rubbing off on the baby so he also smells like a coconut. I don't care- I love it so much, I'm willing to deal with the complaints for a while. :)

Disclosure: I purchased this at Walgreens for $9.99


1 comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig