Fresh Sugar Shine Treatment Review Honey and Rose Swatches

Fresh Sugar Honey Shine and Rose Shine ($18.50) are two of three new shades that Fresh has recently released. I've been a huge fan of their Sugar Lip Treatment balms for years and then last fall, I bought the original Sugar Shine Treatment. The original Shine Treatment is clear and I've been waiting for Fresh to add some colors for a while. I was so excited to see these come out, I bought two of them..Rose (my favorite shade in the Sugar Balm!) and Honey. The third shade, Cherry is red but I'm not a fan of dark lip colors.
Left to right- Original (Clear), Honey and Rose

Original (Clear), Honey and Rose
Here's the description:
Fresh Sugar Shine Lip Treatment works to promote suppleness and improve the definition of the lip area while preserving moisture for up to six hours. The high-shine treatment enhances the natural color of the lips while offering essential nourishment. It can be worn alone or on top of your favorite Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment for smooth, youthful-looking lips.   

These come in beautiful, high-end looking tubes that are wider than your average lip gloss tube. They have bronze colored soft touch caps and the tubes are clear so you can see the product inside. 

Ingredients:

-Sugar: Attracts and seals in moisture. -Commiphora Extract: Promotes suppleness and helps smooth rough lips. -Cupuaçu and Mango Butters: Help nourish, soften, and restore suppleness. -Hyaluronic Filling Spheres: Help make the lips appear fuller. -Black Currant Seed and Grapeseed Oils: Help hydrate and protect. 

Diisostearyl Malate, Polybutene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Trihydroxystearin, Bht, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Hexylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Propyl Gallate, Limonene, Citral, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol.

Here are the shades a little more close-up:
Original (Clear)
                       

Honey

Rose

Since Clear doesn't add color to my lips I only took photos of Honey and Rose. Both shades are way more pigmented than I thought they would be for a lip gloss! Online at Sephora.com, Honey appeared more as a nude shade but when I tried it on, it ended up being sort of orangey and not really my thing. But the Rose didn't disappoint...just like the Lip Treatment balm of the same color, Rose is a beautiful shade that works perfectly with my fair skin.

Honey

Rose

Here are the swatches. The Honey (bottom) is actually a bit darker than the Rose (top). It just goes to show that you can't trust those swatches on the store websites! So if you're looking for a subtle, my-lips-but-a-little-rosier definitely check out the Rose shade. It's gorgeous!

Overall, this lasted a couple of hours on me, typical of a gloss. It did leave a little stain behind after the shine had faded away and my lips felt moist for hours afterward! I love that it's a gloss with some serious moisturizing power. It's a bit on the expensive side, but it's really like 2 products in 1 (plus Rose is the most gorgeous color ever). So I say, go ahead and splurge! I think you'll really like this one! (If not, it's always returnable at Sephora).
See the shades, more information and reviews at Sephora.

2 comments

  1. Do they contain any shimmer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thats one of the things I love about these!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig