Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask Champagne Review and Swatches

If you thought Bite Beauty's Agave Lip Mask couldn't get any better, you're not going to believe what just popped up at Sephora...a rose gold Champagne version! Since their original Agave Lip Mask is a holy grail lip product for me (see my review here) and a staple in my makeup bag I was, without a doubt, all.over.this.
So off I went to Sephora this morning, chatted with some former coworkers, paid for my Champagne Agave Lip mask, told the cashier I didn't need a bag (I'll just throw it in my purse), and promptly left it on the counter! I was pushing Henry in his stroller to my next destination- Forever 21- and realized that I had forgotten it. I went all the way back to the other side of the mall and luckily, it was right where I left it. I would have been beyond bummed if I had gotten all the way home before I figured out what happened.

The ingredients are almost the same, but the Champagne version besides having color, also has the addition of Shea Butter and Monk fruit which make this version the tiniest bit thinner and easier to squeeze out of the tube. It's still way thicker than your average lip gloss and very close to the original texture. It has the same delicious sweet vanilla flavor as the original too.

The tube has been redesigned (yes!!) to a soft plastic tube in leiu of the metal tube that was cool-looking but almost impossible to squeeze and which ended up breaking on a lot of people by splitting at the sides and oozing product out the middle of the tube.
It has the same round hole opening rather than an applicator, so you just squeeze it out onto your finger and apply it that way.
Here's the color swatched on my skin. Its a stunning rose-gold pink. It reminds me a bit of Nars Orgasm and is one of those shades that will look beautiful on everyone.
Here are my before and afters. On my paler (and super dry-yikes!) lips, it shows up nicely and is similar in color to the swatch above on my arm. I've seen a few other reviews on Sephora's website that say on pigmented lips it doesn't add any pink, but just shows up as more of a golden sheen.
Before- Bare Lips


After Bite Agave Champagne Lip Mask
Overall, I'm obsessed with this Champagne lip mask! Finally, I can now wear a colored version of my holy grail product during the day and save the original clear version for bedtime. I like that it's a tiny bit thinner for daytime wear too (though every bit as moisturizing and long lasting). I know that $26 is a bit steep for a lip product, but you only need the tiniest little bit so it'll last forever. Plus I have yet to find any lip product that rivals this in terms of moisture and how it makes your lips feel. For me, it's a luxury I don't mind splurging on one bit!

To purchase or see other reviews. please visit Sephora below:



No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig