NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer Review

NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer is a new product that just launched recently. I posted about several NYX new arrivals a few weeks ago, and this was one that I decided to try because it looked intriguing and also because I love primers.

It comes in a glass bottle with a metal screw-top lid that has a spatula attached. It's pretty cool packaging but I find the spatula to be a bit messy- it drips on the mouth of the bottle as I'm pulling it out, not to mention it's a little unsanitary to keep touching that spatula to my skin and putting it back in the bottle. A pump would be a lot better, but oh well.
 This primer contains glycerin, honey extract, collagen, and hyaluronic acid, along with some floral extracts. The third ingredient is alcohol though, so I was afraid it would be very drying to the skin- luckily the other moisturizing ingredients prevent it from doing that. If anything the alcohol was probably added to prevent it from being too sticky, because as it is, you have to allow this a few minutes to soak in before applying your makeup.
It has a honey- like texture but it's thinner and more runny. This isn't like all those silicone primers that feel velvety. This is more like a gel or thick serum that spreads very easily on the skin. It feels tacky at first but after a few minutes dries to an almost undetectable finish- perfect for hot weather when you want to feel fresh-faced and not drowning under a thick layer of heavy products.
The odd part about this primer is the gold flecks it contains. According to NYX, they're supposed to increase the skin's radiance but they're large, chunky pieces, not a fine shimmer so I don't really see the point. You can see a few of them in the picture below. I just brush them aside because I don't really want random gold flecks on my face.
Overall, I really like this primer. The only things I would change are the spatula and I would take out the gold flecks. The formula itself is so nice, and its light enough to use on oily skin, while hydrating enough for dry skin. Once it sinks in, your skin is smooth and perfectly prepped for makeup. I found that my makeup applied easier after using this and I didn't need as much.
At $17 its a little on the pricey side for a drugstore primer, but its rare to find a primer without silicones so if that's important to you, you may want to give this one a try!
Honey Dew Me Up Primer is available at NYX Cosmetics.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig