L'Oreal Glossy Balm Crayon Review and Swatches

L'Oreal Glossy Balm Stain in Ginger Candy is a new my-lips-but-better shade in the form of a chubby twist-up crayon. 
Unlike some other crayon lip products that can be drying, this is supposed to be moisturizing and leave your lips with a glossy shine. I chose the shade Ginger Candy because I love a nude lip, especially in the summertime. The color on outside of the Glossy Balm led me to believe this was a peachy-coral color, but it's more of a pinky peach.
This crayon glides on so easily with no tugging and feels amazing on the lips! It's lightweight, non-sticky, and super hydrating! It also leaves a nice shine like a gloss would, but without the goopiness. The color is so beautiful too! The perfect peachy pink- its universally flattering and actually reminds me of Nars Orgasm (if it came in glossy crayon form).
Here are my before and afters. My lips are pretty pale naturally, but this just made them look smoother and shinier with a touch of color.

If you're looking for tons of pigment or long-wear, this product isn't for you. The pigment is decent, I'm sure it's even better in the darker shades, but since its meant to be a lip gloss in crayon form, its supposed to be a little more on the sheer side. Also, this lasted maybe an hour or two on me before fading, so reapplication is definitely necessary. But this is so easy to use, I don't mind.
Overall, I love the convenience of the Glossy Balm Crayon. It twists up from the bottom easily and applies so smoothly. It feels so good on the lips and has no discernable scent. Most of all I'm impressed by how hydrating it is, especially compared to other lip crayons. They tend to leave my lips cracked and dried out but this left my lips feeling good long after the color had faded! It's the perfect lip product for summer- easy, simple, and sheer.
You can buy it at your local drugstore or at Drugstore.com for $7.99.
I got mine at CVS- here's the display with the other shades-

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig