Maybelline Master Kajal Review and Swatches

Maybelline Master Kajal is a new kohl eyeliner that just recently launched in four shades: Black, Charcoal, Brown, and Blue. I have so many black eyeliners, I thought I'd live dangerously for once and go with the Charcoal Skies.

First, some packaging shots:
Maybelline Master Kajal Eyeliner

Maybelline Master Kajal Eyeliner


 Master Kajal has a cone-shaped tip that is always fully extended- you can't twist it up and down. To me, this meant two things...
1. Use extreme caution when replacing the cap, or you'll knick the eyeliner and lose little chunks.
2. If this thing falls off or breaks, its done. There's no sharpening this...what you see is all you get.
Other than that, the shape of the packaging is pretty cool- its sleek and tapers to a point on both ends.
Maybelline Master Kajal Eyeliner
You're supposed to use this sideways along your lash line to keep the point sharp. I found it difficult to make a good wing at the outer corner that way, and ended up having to twist my hand like a pretzel and turn it the other direction- but otherwise it was easy to use.
This shade Charcoal Skies is a flat, matte gray with no sheen whatsoever. This is supposed to be waterproof, and while it didn't run or budge from my lash line all day, it faded from my waterline in less than an hour! So if you're looking for kohl for your waterline, you may want to skip this one.
Maybelline Master Kajal Eyeliner charcoal swatch

Overall, this eyeliner is just meh. I'm not crazy about the fact that it can't be sharpened, I'm worried about breaking or denting it, and the sideways application has its drawbacks. It did last a long time on my lash line without smudging or moving, but disappeared from my waterline quickly. So I think I'm going to pass on getting the other shades for this one.

What do you think of the design of Master Kajal? Do you have a favorite drugstore eyeliner?

1 comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig