Rimmel Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves Mascara Review

Rimmel Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves Mascara is the newest from the line for Spring/Summer 2014.  I haven't liked any of the Scandaleyes mascaras so far, so I was hoping this one would be different.  Check it out...

The packaging on this is similar to the other Scandaleyes tubes except it has a snake print that's actually raised and bumpy- it's pretty cool, I like it!
The brush is what they call a "broken heart-shaped brush" and it's supposed to hug the lash line.  It definitely does!  I usually don't have much luck with brushes that are thin at the tip and wider at the base, but because this one is curved this way, it really gets right into the lash line easily.
The problem with this mascara is the formula- it's super wet and almost impossible to avoid a big mess of clumps. When I first pulled the brush out, it was coated with big globs of mascara.  I wiped some of it off, but when I went to apply it, my lashes stuck together in bunches- not good.  I found that it volumized, but didn't give me a whole lot of length or curl.
Before and afters:


So did this live up to it's claims?  

  • Our first broken heart-shaped brush creates a fringe of big, curvy, rockin' lashes- NO- there was nothing big, curvy or rockin' about them.
  • This cleverly-shaped applicator twists and curves to hug the lash line; the thin tip grabs hard-to-reach inner lashes, while the amplified base pulses lashes with incredible volume and curve- YES, I liked the brush and with a different formula it would have been great!  
  • Lashes are plumped and lifted in one clean stroke- YES- this did coat easily and I didn't need to build a lot of coats.
  • No clumps! - NO, it was clump-city.
Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of this one either- that's it...no more Scandaleyes for me.  I wish Rimmel would discontinue the Scandaleyes line and do something different.  I used to like their mascaras- the Max Volume and The Max Curves were great, but lately I've been disappointed.  
What do you think of the Scandaleyes line?  Yay or Nay?

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig