Ipsy Glam Bag April 2014 Beauty Rocks Reveal

My Ipsy Glam bag arrived yesterday and more than made up for the so-so bag I got last month. Check it out! 
 This month's theme is Beauty Rocks and what says rock & roll better than black eyeliner? I got a huge sample size of Urban Decay's new 24/7 eyeliner in a new shade- black Velvet! Unlike Zero and Perversion, this is a soft black, almost bordering on charcoal gray (see my swatch at the end of the post). This sample will last a long time as its not too far off from being full size!
 Next is Demeter Jasmine roll-on perfume. Demeter is known for their single-scent roll-ons and this one is a true Jasmine. It smells wonderful, like summer in a bottle!
Next is a sample tube of Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion. I recently got a sample of this in one of my subscriptions but can't remember which. No matter, I love it and can always use more.
Next is a Mary Kay @Play Jelly Lip Gloss. This Berry Me shade is so pretty. It looks dark in the tube but as you can see from the swatch (below) it's a subtle flush of color and I love it! My only complaint is that the texture is very thick and sticky, however the trade off is that it lasts longer.
 Finally, is Elizabeth Mott's Pop!Goes the Shadow in Champagne. This is such a pretty color and this shadow is super soft and pigmented.
 Here are the swatches...Urban Decay Black Velvet 24/7, Mary Kay Jelly Gloss, Elizabeth Mott Shadow.
 Finally, I got a bonus this month with my Ipsy points... A full size Tokyomilk Dark La Vie en Rose Lip Balm. It smells like Rosewater and is so so moisturizing! I put it on and it was so thick and hydrating it made the lines in my lips pretty much disappear! To get Ipsy Points, you can review products, your whole Glam Bag, refer friends, etc.

I have to say, my favorite subscription this month was Ipsy! Such an amazing bag for only $10! To sign up, click here.

3 comments

  1. What a wonderful bag!! I can't wait to get mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I s the lip balm like rosebud salve? That would be a great dupe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jillie! It's similar in that its rose scented but this one is a much stronger scent and it has no color.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig