Sugar Cosmetics Blend Full Coverage Cream Concealer Review

Every Spring for the past few years, I've been mourning the loss of my favorite bronzer, Tropic Tan by Sugar Cosmetics.  Sugar disappeared from stores never to be seen again...until now!  First it popped up on Walgreens website (not in stores) and now it's at Kohls.com and select Kohls locations!  I typically don't go in the cosmetics section of Kohls since nothing interested me much there, it was always the same old stuff. But when I walked in yesterday...wow!  It was a brand new setup with prestige brands like Lorac, The Balm, Pur Minerals, Cargo, Hydroxatone and H2O+.  And of course, Sugar!  I was so excited to get my Tropic Tan- it's a nice matte bronzer in a giant compact perfect for using on the face and body.  The color is perfect for those of us who are light-skinned- not orange and not too dark. They also make a Tropic Tan duo with a peachy blush that's reminiscent of Nars Laguna/Orgasm duo.  Anyway, I'm supposed to be talking about Blend, $10 which is a full coverage cream concealer from Sugar.

I've been on a bit of a concealer kick lately, since the first area to show signs of age is the eyes and I'm always looking to lighten and brighten.  Let's take a look!


Sugar Blend comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator, which makes it really easy to apply.  It's not supposed to crease or move all day and is supposed to cover just about anything.


I chose the color Fair, because concealer should be a shade lighter than your skin.  Plus, these things tend to be darker than they say they are anyway. Here's a swatch on my arm- it is indeed full coverage- very thick.

Sadly, I wasn't impressed with this one. The formula was dry and it had a cakey, chalky finish. It did cover pretty well, but the goal of a concealer for me is to not draw attention to my under-eye area, but to make it blend in with the rest of my face. Maybe this would work better on younger skin that's smoother.

Oh well, I still love Tropic Tan, and their I Taste Like Sugar Lip Mini Lip Gloss set (they taste so yummy!). and I plan to try some other products in the line. Before you run to Kohls to check out the new cosmetics department, I should tell you that not every store is getting  that makeover.  But you can visit their website and click on products you want to buy, then click "find in store" and it'll let you know which stores in your area carry that product.  

Are you excited about the new lines at Kohls?  Do you think they'll do well there, or flop like when Bath and Body Works and CVS tried to do the same thing and carry prestige lines?  

1 comment

  1. Dry and chalky is not good. I recently reviewed the Clarins tanning serum which can be mixed with your moisturizer and I will have a highlight, bronzer and illuminating product review up shortly...the same product they use on Dancing with the Stars! Too bad this didn't work for you, I am on the hunt for a good corrector but I use the MAC pro Long Wear concealer and love it.

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig